concrete5 8.3.0 is now available, and it features a ton of updates.
Read on for more about what's new.
The Document Library add-on lets you easily place a list of files on the front-end of your website. Filter by folder or file set, provide a simple search interface, control the styling of results and more.
The Calendar add-on is very powerful, and the version we have integrated into the core more powerful still. In 8.3.0 you now get:
- The ability to add multiple calendars to your site
- Join pages to calendar events
- Calendar events are a separate data model from pages.
- Custom attributes on calendars
- Event List, Calendar and Calendar Event blocks
- Calendar and Calendar Event custom attributes.
- Detailed permissions at the calendar level.
- Workflow integration with calendar events.
- Version control for calendar events (!)
- A powerful recurring event model that works even with event versioning
Additionally, 8.3.0 features a new Geolocation Framework, with the ability to automatically geolocate addresses in the core, new command line utilities, improvements to the Select attribute, improvements to CKEditor configuration, and a ton of smaller improvements and bug fixes. Please download it and help us test it today!
Important note: currently, you must update to be 8.2.1 before you can update to 8.3.0. This is because some changes in 8.3.0 require that database migrations run in a precise order. If you are on an interim version of concrete5 (or a release candidate released after 8.2.1) and you get a database error complaining that the column cIsDraft is not available, run this command from your web root, when logged in over ssh or in terminal:
concrete/bin/concrete5 -n migrations:execute 20170803000000
this should create the column and run the commands necessary to allow the update to complete.