I am very pleased to announce that concrete5 8.4.0 is now available! It's been a long time coming (8.3.2 was released back in January), but we hope it's worth the wait. There are a lot of new features, improvements and fixes here.
Some of the biggest additions are:
- Added ability to specify custom thumbnail types per file sets (e.g. if a file is in the Header file set, the Header thumbnail type will be generated for it, otherwise it will not.)
- Calendar block has new agenda views for year list, month list, week and day
- Added a System Email Addresses Dashboard page that lets you set the default email addresses – previously this had to be done in config code
- Added bulk user commands: activate, deactivate, delete, remove from group and add to group.
- Added a new Reset Edit Mode Dashboard page that allows all currently checked-out pages to be checked in and edit mode to be restored on them
But that's just the beginning. There are many more features, and our list of general improvements is quite long. We now only set session cookies when users actually login or use custom session code – and that means better compliance with GDPR. We've got more updates in there for GDPR support, as well. We've also got a wide variety of improvements to internal image handling, thumbnail handling, installation, updating, multilingual add-ons and much, much more. Please take at the full list of updates.
Please, download version 8.4.0 and let us know what you think!