The newly-forming official concrete5 security team is currently looking for new active members from the community to join our team.
If you know a community member who has experience in security and would be available and suitable for the position, please nominate him or her - you can also nominate yourself. If you are nominating someone else, please make sure that you've asked their permission.
What is the Security Team?
The Security Team is a newly formed group which will interface with the core team and 3rd party developers to provide security resolution.
Goals of the security team
- Help resolve reported security issues
- Provide assistance for developers in resolving security issues
- Review Patches of 3rd party add-ons
- Provide documentation on how to write secure code
- Provide documentation on securing your site
Who are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit 5-6 individuals who have demonstrable experience in security, with fresh ideas to help move concrete5 forward, achieve the goals of the security team.
We're looking for people with the following skills and abilities:
- comfortable working with people of different backgrounds (cultural, professional, etc);
- being able to work on their own but also contribute to combined goals as a member of a team;
- ability to lead small groups focused on specific projects;
- demonstrate problem solving abilities;
- ability to handle controversial situations
- General understanding of security principles and use good security practices in general
- Be available to respond to security issues
If you, or someone you know, fits any combination of the above criteria and would like to be a part of security team please complete the form below.
If you are nominating somebody else, please make sure that you have their permission to nominate them.
We will be welcoming nominations from today through to Friday, May 20th. Applications will be reviewed and successful candidates will be publicly announced in a blog post.