Mont Blanc 2011

4 people like this.
Screenshots Demo

View at montblanc2011.co.uk >

On the 18th January 2005 Sally Mason died of breast cancer. She was a loving wife to Nigel Mason and mother of two; Katie and Alex. Since her death her family have continued to raise money for breast cancer research in the UK through running the Addidas Half Marathon and a charity single released on itunes in aid of the Caron Keating Foundation.

Having witnessed these events first hand; I (Tim) felt strongly that I wanted to do something to raise money to help combat this disease. I spoke to my close friends (Alex, Sanjay and Charlie) and inspired by this magnificent woman, we all decided that we wanted to take on a challenge that was out of the ordinary. As a result we have decided to climb Mont Blanc in Switzerland to join the fight and show our commitment to raising the nationwide awareness of breast cancer.

The charity            

Breast Cancer is the most common cancer in the UK and around 46 000 new cases are diagnosed every year. Every day, around 125 women will find out they have breast cancer. What’s worse is each year around 12,100 women and 80 men lose their lives to the disease.

Thanks to the help of charities like Breast Cancer Research UK, the death rate for women with breast cancer has fallen by almost a fifth over the last decade. After witnessing the effects of cancer first hand we feel this is a thoroughly worthwhile cause and as a team we hope to contribute to eradicating this terrible disease.

A special thanks to everyone at concrete5 for making this possible. 

header_logo.png

For further details about Breast Cancer Research UK visit-

CRUK_partnership_logo_150x62.jpg

PINK2.png

Add-Ons & Themes

Vimeo Block

Embeds a Vimeo video player in your site.

Thumbnail

Premium Google Map

The premium Google Map lets you add a KML data file and specify additional unavailable in the regular Google Map block.

Thumbnail

Spacer

Add pixel controlled space to your block areas easily.

Thumbnail

PageEar

This Block enables you to use a PageEar-effect on your Website

Thumbnail

Get Directions

Get Google driving directions to a preset location from a user-entered address.

Thumbnail

Social Icons

Social Icons allows you to list your social urls preformated with nice icons!

Thumbnail

Tweetcrete

Add a Twitter feed anywhere on your website

Thumbnail

Breadcrumbs

Displays breadcrumb navigation as a block

Thumbnail

Save Area To PDF

Add the Save Area to PDF block to generate a pdf file of the entire area in which it is added.

Thumbnail