getCollectionDatePublic(); $dateFormat not working1 user found helpful
In the documentation it says you can define a $dateFormat using PHP date() format, though it's not working it still prints 2014-10-14 23:48:00
Anyway one solution is to use php strtotime, I did the following to format the date how I needed it.
1. First I made a copy of the page_list folder in (concrete>blocks) and placed it in (application>blocks).
2. Then I open the folder (application>blocks) and make a new folder "templates"
3. In the folder templates I did make another folder with the templatename.
4. Copy the view.php and view.css into the folder with the themplatename.
5. Delete the rest of the contents so you only have the folder templates in (application>blocks>page_list)
6. Now edit the view.php in the folder (application>blocks>page_list>templates>templatename)
7. Change line 53
$date = $dh->formatDateTime($page->getCollectionDatePublic(), true);
<?php echo $date?>
And it works! :)
If you want to change the date format you can change d/m/Y to something else.
Look here what to use:http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php...