Global Areas, tables with content editor, clipboard issues after publishing page, copying pages, adding multiple pages...
1. I encountered my first issue trying to insert a table in the content block using the editor. I was able to insert it fine, but I find no way to adjust cellspacing or cellpadding like in previous versions. I don't usually use tables like that, but needed to in the case of the logo image and text out to the side. I then added an additional column to try and add some spacing but was unable to delete it using the editor. Obviously removing the HTML directly worked, but I am going to eventually hand this over to a client and they won't know how to do that so it's a problem.
2. Clipboard: This may be an issue in conjunction with item #3 to follow, but I created an AutoNav block with the desired specs and saved it to the clipboard for later use. It saved fine, but it won't seem to save when I insert from the clipboard into a GlobalArea.
3. Global areas... I changed the left sidebar area into a GlobalArea and it updated to show that it was a Sitewide area as intended. However, when I drag the AutoNav from the clipboard over and then publish, it's no longer there. It shows up fine in edit mode and as intended, but disappears once published. So is this a GlobaArea issue, a clipboard issue, or a combination?
4. Adding multiple pages at once... is there any easy way to add multiple children to a particular parent page in one fell swoop? In previous versions I just used the Add Multiple Pages addon and it worked brilliantly. Is there a native way to accomplish this in 5.7?
5. Copying pages in Sitemap. In previous versions you could simply click, drag, and then copy a page. I can't seem to do that in 5.7. Is this by design? How can I easily copy a page. I have an 18 facility self storage website I am trying to create and would like to create a base facility page and easily replicate it to be a template/starting point and can't seem to find the mechanism to copy a page.
So far.. these basics are VERY frustrating. I am about to start over and give this another go, but will abandon if I can't figure it out.
2. Not sure.
3. I've noticed a problem like this, but it existed in 5.6 and earlier as well. Global Areas don't like having the same name as regular areas. I remember in 5.6 if you replaced an Area with a Global Area of the same name, it was a coin flips guess at which one it would return. Try renaming the global area to something original. This may also resolve #2.
4. Nope. Not natively, nor do I think non-natively at the moment. Kind of a great idea for an add-on given how much adding 20-50 pages from the website genesis sucks.
5. I think you can still do that from the dashboard->sitemap. Just not from the add page/sitemap "panel". Otherwise, it functions the same exact way.
Right now, the Redactor table tools are very basic, but that will change once Redactor is updated.
Regarding copying pages, that can be done, but would be very inefficient for more than a few pages. A better solution would be to use page types.
I recommend spending some time going over the 5.7 Editor's Guide and the Developer's Guide. This will help get you up to speed with 5.7 and allow you to work more effectively.