isGlobalArea() on Null

Permalink
I'm currently trying to figure out a bug on a website we run that's built on concrete5.

When we try and add a block to an area to override a parent block, we get a failed request with this response from the server. Response output below.
{
   "error":{
      "type":"Whoops\\Exception\\ErrorException",
      "message":"Call to a member function isGlobalArea() on null",
      "file":"\/SVN\/websites\/client\/project\/http\/updates\/concrete5.7.5.13_remote_updater\/concrete\/controllers\/dialog\/page\/add_block.php",
      "line":37,
      "trace":[
         {
            "file":"\/SVN\/websites\/client\/project\/http\/updates\/concrete5.7.5.13_remote_updater\/concrete\/controllers\/dialog\/page\/add_block.php",
            "line":37,
            "function":null,
            "class":null,
            "args":[
            ]
         }


I've looked through some of the code and tried to track down where this could be possibly happening but I'm currently coming up short.

I've had a look around ad googled stuff related that could be related to this and that's not offered up much in terms of joy.

Many thanks

View Replies:
MrKDilkington replied on at Permalink Reply
MrKDilkington
Hi irn3rd,

Does this happen with all blocks?

"When we try and add a block to an area to override a parent block, we get a failed request with this response from the server."

Can you clarify what you mean by "override a parent block", please.
irn3rd replied on at Permalink Reply
Unfortunately it doesn't. it happens on one particular page and not others.

We have our page structure set up like the following.

We have a Generic set of pages with a list of product models(Parent). We then have partners which pick a model they want (New Child page), and then update the contents with their own content which over rides the generic one, if they don't update any content, the child page pulls in it's parents content. This allows the partner to have their own unique urls etc as well.

-----

Since making the post, we've found a work around for the issue, which leads us to believe there's a bug in the UI somewhere causing the issue with the backend. If we click "Edit Area Design" and then cancel out of it, the "Add block" functionality seems to work and doesn't produce the error. So we're potentially looking at front end issue now. If we find anything more out we'll update the thread incase any one else comes across this.