mkdir(): Permission denied

Permalink
Hi,

In index page "mkdir(): Permission denied" is accord. Its Screenshot is attached. Now, I became handicapped not able do any thing on site.
I request you to help me in solving this problem.

1 Attachment

View Replies:
besanalbasuni replied on at Permalink Reply
I've got this same problem
in index Page
An unexpected error occurred.
mkdir(): Permission denied
:(
Gondwana replied on at Permalink Reply
Gondwana
MrKDilkington replied on at Permalink Reply
MrKDilkington
@santoshbohara
@besanalbasuni

This looks like a server permission issue. I recommend contacting your webhost support if you are not familiar with changing permissions.
besanalbasuni replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
I've been trying to get 5.7 installed for a few days again but Unable to install database


Unable to install database: Could not create the proxies directory. Please check the file permissions of the proxy directory
msolszew replied on at Permalink Reply
I am having the same issue as @santoshbohara
I am talking with webhost support but all files are '755' already. I'm not sure what is going on as I did not have this issue migrating sites before.
mrjcgoodwin replied on at Permalink Reply
mrjcgoodwin
Did you ever get this resolved?

I'm getting the same mkdir() error but on an existing install. I haven't changed anything, and the permissions all look fine. It's just stopped letting me into the site.
msolszew replied on at Permalink Reply
For some background, I installed this site on an archaic hosting I inherited with the client. The hosting is 10 years old and looks like it has barely been updated since it's inception. This was a while back, but what I remember doing the following:
* Contact hosting first as they should be able to walk you through some of this
* Make sure ALL file types are 755, even the ones that are usually 644 on 'regular' hosting, even though this is insecure. On my site, the hosting imported the FOLDERS as 755 but not any files so I had to check sublayers.
* Make sure PHP version is correct for version of Concrete5
* I changed some stuff in the PHP file but can't remember everything right now -- some of it was to resolve a different issue

Sorry I can't help more, I resolved this a long time ago and the resolutions are blurring together. I did not have this issue on any other hosting or localhost migration, so I know it is the crappy hosting I inherited.
mrjcgoodwin replied on at Permalink Reply
mrjcgoodwin
Hello,
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for digging up an old thread, it just seemed really similar.

I also started a new thread about this issue here at the time:https://www.concrete5.org/community/forums/5-7-discussion/5.7-site-g...

For the record the cause was a cPanel security update that our host applied to the server. The update was broken - I believe it changed the path used for session storage but the new folder had the wrong permissions so C5 couldn't write user sessions, hence site breaking.

Anyway, a patch has been issued now by cPanel that seems to fix the issue.