Search Tags Results in 404

Permalink 2 users found helpful
Hello

I was trying use the Tags Block in Concrete5 5.7.2.1, I created a Tag Block in a GlobalArea with the predefined configuration of showing the Tags available in all pages and I target the to my Search Results page. I also have a search are where I can input any value to be searched and output to a specific Search Page, this part works very well, in any page I can search and the output it's perfect but if I click in any of the tags that appear inside the Tags Block I get a strange link ...example.com/index.php/search-results/tag/machine and outputs a 404 Page Not Found.

Note: search-results it's the page that I made with just a Search Block to output the results

Has anyone have the same problem, do I need configured the Search Block to accept the Tags value???

I get good results if I do the following:
Created a Search Block and applied the Custom Template -> Tag Cloud then I linked to my Search results page to display the results and worked well.

So, my question is, what is the use of turning on the link option to a search page inside Tags Block?

Thank you very much.

pedroserapio

admin replied on at Permalink Reply
I've got this problem, too. My search page works fine for regular search results, but all the tags give 404's. I'm not using pretty urls.
mikewaz replied on at Permalink Reply
mikewaz
I'm having this same problem. To troubleshoot the issue, I just downloaded and installed 5.7.3.1 with sample content. The Tags block didn't work. I get a 404.

Anyone else have this problem or insights on how to fix it?

Thanks,
Mike
jakobfuchs replied on at Permalink Reply
jakobfuchs
"Normal" Text Search and Tag/Topic Search are two different things. To display search results for tags and topics you need to have a page list block on the search results page. You need to check the "Enable Other Blocks to Filter This Page List" option.
mikewaz replied on at Permalink Reply
mikewaz
Thanks! That worked.
jakobfuchs replied on at Permalink Reply
jakobfuchs
Took me a while to find that out by myself :)

Would make more sense to have a dedicated search results block that just takes the query string from the url and acts on the type of search. And 97.3% of the time I include a search input I don't want the results to appear directly underneath it anyway.
csebe replied on at Permalink Reply
Thank you very much !

This is a new thing in 5.7 because in 5.6 it was needed just the search box to display the results for tags too.
Indeed, it is quite counter-intuitive in both versions and would have probably deserved a special bloc type "Tags/Topic/Search Results" to be clear what's its role.

I've seen that inside the "Topic List" block the checkbox with: "Enable Other Blocks to Filter This Page List" but its explanation: "Allows other blocks like the topic list block to pass search criteria to this page list block" didn't ring any bell :))

Anyway, good that it is solved. Cheers!
MrKDilkington replied on at Permalink Reply
MrKDilkington
I had the same problem with search tag links coming up 404.

The problem is that search tag linking has not been implemented yet. A community member is working on it.