Administrators Cannot Add a Page1 user found helpful
was wondering if anyone was having the same problem as me,
Fresh install of 5.4+ make a new user account and add it to the Admin group sign in as them,
you can't add a page, i checked the permissions, i even turned on advanced permissions and the Administrator group has all of the boxes checked,
Yet they can't add a page,
These are common debugging techniques that every website owner/designer goes through when there is a problem. You are the best person to troubleshoot your system, because you are right there, and you know your way around. If you can't track down the problem, the more details you provide, the better quality answer you will receive.
Believe me i checked
1. Flushed the cache on your browser.
2. Tried a different browser.
3. Have sufficient disk space.
4. Have sufficient table space in the database.
5. All files and directories have the correct permissions.
Can the admin user add a new page?
1. Remove the Administrators group from the parent page.
2. Save the changes.
3. Add the Administrators group to the parent page with all of the permissions.
4. Don't forget to specify the sub-page permissions, or the "Add Page" icon won't show up in the edit bar.
5. Save the changes.
watch the screencast
the sub permissions are not set by default which they should.
Added later: I found instructions to add <?php define('PERMISSIONS_MODEL', 'advanced'); ?>
to the config/site.php. I think all in all everything is running smoother today than yesterday. Also, I am working on my site directly through IE8 browser. Yesterday I was working through MSN which might have had an impact.