Can't Add Pages

Permalink 1 user found helpful
We just launched a site for a client, and she called today because she wanted to add a page but was unable to. The site uses advanced permissions and a custom template, but nothing too terribly fancy.

When logged in as the default 'admin' user created during install, I can add pages no problem. I created a login for her, added that login to the 'Administrators' group and assumed that would be sufficient. Not so.

Trying to add a page from the 'Site Map' area using her login results in an 'Access denied' error. If I click 'Visit Page' to add it from the page itself, the 'Add Page' button doesn't even appear.

I have also tried changing the page ownership to, no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

frz replied on at Permalink Reply
frz
theres a drop down in the page for advanced permissions.. it lets you switch between permissions for this page, timed release permissions, and permissions for who can add which type of page under this..
have you been in there?
mdodge replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
I believe I have been to the page you indicated, and have attached a screenshot of what the current settings are. This screenshot says these permissions are applied 'manually' but the defaults for this page type are the same, so changing it either way has not helped me out.

Appreciate your quick response. If there is more information that I need to provide in order to solve this problem, I will gladly do so.
Wertti replied on at Permalink Reply
Wertti
Try this... Select Sub-Page Permissions from the Currently Viewing dropdown menu and then select page types (to administrators group).
mdodge replied on at Permalink Reply
Thank you so much! That was the key. I guess I overlooked that part. The advanced permissions model is really amazing and flexible (just what this client needed) but is kind of tricky to keep tabs on sometimes.

Thank you again!