Mail not being sent
I've been Googling away at this problem, but can't seem to find a solution. There are quite a few posts here at concrete5.org of people having the same problem.
I've inserted a default form element on a site. When I insert content and click send, the form thanks me, but I don't receive any mail. In the dashboard it says that the mail is sent.
What I've tried:
- The solution provided here:http://www.concrete5.org/community/forums/chat/php-mail-from-addres...
- At the login screen filled in the forgot password field (no e-mail)
- Looked at the server logs (no mention of mailing issues at all)
- PHP Mail() function as well as SMTP
- Sending mail to my own e-mail and to Hotmail address
- Checked junkmail folders
- On other sites on the same domain / with the same hosting company, PHP mail() function works without a glitch. But there I'm not using Concrete5.
Is there something I'm overlooking? Thanks for your help!
Try running grep smtp /etc/services to find out if smtp is running.
Also, which logs did you check? I think the mail log is usually /var/log/maillog. Try running tail -f /var/log/maillog and watch that log while you submit your form.
Lemme know how you got on!
SMTP is running, I'm quite certain of that; I can use the SMTP server from my mail program to send mail through. I've used the exact same settings to set up the SMTP server in Concrete5.
Thanks for the fast reply, hope you have some other tips!
Thanks for the help.