Mail not being sent

Hi everybody,

I've been Googling away at this problem, but can't seem to find a solution. There are quite a few posts here at of people having the same problem.

I've inserted a default form element on a site. When I insert content and click send, the form thanks me, but I don't receive any mail. In the dashboard it says that the mail is sent.

What I've tried:
- The solution provided here:
- At the login screen filled in the forgot password field (no e-mail)
- Looked at the server logs (no mention of mailing issues at all)
- PHP Mail() function as well as SMTP
- Sending mail to my own e-mail and to Hotmail address
- Checked junkmail folders
- On other sites on the same domain / with the same hosting company, PHP mail() function works without a glitch. But there I'm not using Concrete5.

Is there something I'm overlooking? Thanks for your help!

View Replies:
jbx replied on at Permalink Reply
Sounds like the mail service might not be running on your server. What distro are you using?

Try running grep smtp /etc/services to find out if smtp is running.

Also, which logs did you check? I think the mail log is usually /var/log/maillog. Try running tail -f /var/log/maillog and watch that log while you submit your form.

Lemme know how you got on!

pieterbeulens replied on at Permalink Reply
Hmm, I'm afraid I don't have that kind of access to the server. I have a Plesk environment and in there, I've checked all the available logs.

SMTP is running, I'm quite certain of that; I can use the SMTP server from my mail program to send mail through. I've used the exact same settings to set up the SMTP server in Concrete5.

Thanks for the fast reply, hope you have some other tips!
frz replied on at Permalink Reply
pieterbeulens replied on at Permalink Reply
Thanks for your reply. I saw your message and checked everything. Settings in form block are correct. MX records are correct; sending mails through PHP mail on other sites I'm hosting on the same domain works like it should.
pieterbeulens replied on at Permalink Reply
I finally found the problem. It was related to the domain I'm sending from and the domain I'm sending to. Because the from domain used to be hosted on the to domain, there were still some remnants of this domain on the to server.

Thanks for the help.