No "SAVE" button on CKeditor WYSIWYG text block editor

Permalink
Installed a new Concrete 5 website this morning using Elemental theme (nothing custom).

Started editing one of the existing pages by deleting some content blocks and adding others.

Initially had no problem editing and saving blocks.

Suddenly, when I open a content block, all the edit functions show up except "SAVE" and "CANCEL".

I haven't messed with any of the settings between working and not working.

I have had this in the past on other sites and never came up with a way to deal with it other than waiting a couple of days and finding it worked again.

Hoping to find a more efficient solution!

Have already tried clearing site cache and browser history and tried different browsers.

View Replies:
mnakalay replied on at Permalink Reply
mnakalay
Hello,
I have never seen that happen before and I have pages I edit beyond what's ethically acceptable :)

Did you notice any errors in the browser's console?
allangee replied on at Permalink Reply
No browser messages to date.

Additional info:

I only make changes using Concrete5 options in the dashboard, or the SEO/Design/etc options given on each page. I'm not changing codes or anything like that.

I did notice an additional oddity last night. On one part of the "problem" page, I had four HTML content boxes in a row (four columns) with code pasted in from a different site (Zazzle.com) to link to that site (Zazzle.com). Code included some graphics being displayed via the link.

One of the boxes still let me access it (but still with no SAVE option) when the page was in edit mode. The other three boxes won't -- they still work as if the page is live. So I suspect something got messed up in one or all three of those content boxes and it's screwing up the rest of the page editing.

Unfortunately -- on the `problem` page -- I can no longer delete content blocks at all, so I can`t get rid of those ones and see if that fixes the problem.

Duplicating the "problem" page and trying to edit the duplicate doesn't work either -- so the problem is being carried over in the duplicate. I have no web coding knowledge, but that would seem to indicate the problem is page specific.

For now, I've just copied a different page (Team) from the stock ones and will re-create the page that doesn't work. I`m also going to try and remember to do frequent checks (after changing/adding anything) to see if the problem comes up again. At least that way I can narrow down what MIGHT have triggered it.
mnakalay replied on at Permalink Reply
mnakalay
it is highly possible that the third party content did it. It could be malformed markup or some Javascript included.

I suggest you create a test page with only one content block and try adding that content, one at a time until you found the faulty one. That's safer than doing it on the page you are recreating.
allangee replied on at Permalink Reply
That's a VERY good idea!

If I discover anything, I will be sure to add it to this thread.

Thanks for the advice thus far!