Any idea how i make pdfs open as a page?1 user found helpful
Frankly i think action is based on the users pc settings.
For instance you would need to execute something like pdftohtml built ontop of xpdf.
Don't however ask me how, that is certainly outside of my know how. I just know it can be done.
I think he just doesn't want to download the pdf files, you can view pdf files if the activex control works properly..
nothing to do with pdf2html?!
When you add the download link of a PDF, it creates the hyperlink of...
This link tells the broswer to download a file instead of opening in the browser.
I am thinking about creating a custome template to resolve this issue...
you can either set content-disposition to inline if content-type is set to application/pdf or use an object:
<OBJECT WIDTH=640 HEIGHT=480> <PARAM NAME="SRC" VALUE="filePath"> <EMBED SRC=filename.pdf WIDTH=1000 HEIGHT=680> <NOEMBED> PDF should have displayed here!</NOEMBED> </EMBED> </OBJECT>
(I pasted this from my wiki, not sure where I found it, I never used it so far)
Have you thought about making this into a add-on block. I think more and more this feature will be needed.
--> I'm probably not going to create an addon because of all the support requests. I don't mind publishing something for free but I don't have the time nor the patience to help everyone for free..
of course this has something to do with your .htaccess and the mime-type settings for pdf.
I doubt sallott is reading this post anymore, but this could be of help to others.
<a href="doc.pdf" target="_blank"> link</a>
open new window but
<a href="/index.php/download_file/view/120/" target="_blank">link</a>
don't. How to fix this?
Here is a step by step approach that I use:
1. Go to the Dashboard and open the File Manager
2. Find or Upload your file. Click on it and select 'Properties'
3. Highlight the 'URL to file' and Copy to the Clipboard (eg. Ctrl+C)
4. Close the File Manager, and 'Return to Website'
5. Enter edit mode for your content block
6. Highlight the text that is going to be your link and instead of 'Add File', select 'Insert/edit link' (middle of the bottom row of editing icons)
7. Paste the URL you have on the clipboard into the Link URL, choose your Target option, enter any Title tags and class requirements...and press Insert.
I hope this helps.