Can't delete templates/page-types

Howdy. I can't delete a template I created. I created one and used it for a couple pages. Then changed the name of the template file in my theme and added updated the theme via "inspect." This added the template back into the theme with a different name. I finally changed the pages to reference the new page type.

If I search for the old page type it confirms that no page is using the old page type that I'm trying to delete. But when I navigate to "edit" for the old page type and click the "delete page type" it won't delete.

On this note, I am also unable to delete the default page types (full, left sidebar, etc.). I considered manually deleting them from the database but am worried that will kill other parts of the system.

Can anyone help me understand how to delete page types? And the default themes as well?

Thanks so much.

liberalmark

andrew replied on at Permalink Reply
andrew
Is that what you're using? This should be fixed in 5.2RC2.
liberalmark replied on at Permalink Reply
liberalmark
Is RC2 on the way?

On a side note, I backed up my database and manually deleted the offending page types via phpMyAdmin. That worked like a charm and didn't have any adverse effects on the rest of the system. FYI.

Thanks much for your help. And for the kick-ass CMS.
andrew replied on at Permalink Reply
andrew
If you don't have it you probably should get it - it fixes a lot of bugs that are in 5.1, and adds a few little things too.
liberalmark replied on at Permalink Reply
liberalmark
Wow. I just downloaded/updated the files in like 20 seconds and everything is still working perfectly. You couldn't have made that any easier. Again, pure rock and roll.