Can't upgrade from 8.2.1 to 8.3.2

Permalink
I have tried and failed to upgrade two sites that were fresh 8.2.1 installs to 8.3.2 (two different themes, two different developers, minimal add-ons that are all supposedly compatible).

On one site, I was able to remove the upgrade override and restore the site to 8.2.1. Annoying, but no harm, no foul.

The other one killed the site, which I am now trying to restore. Database errors all over the place. Client is thrilled about their site being down.

I could see there might be issues going from an older install, but 8.2.1 to 8.3.2? Anyone else have problems with this?

I am not looking for help right now. I am just p*ssed and wanted to let everyone know.

(When I come meekly asking for help in about 30 minutes, don't hold this against me.)

View Replies:
Steevb replied on at Permalink Reply
Steevb
Urls to look at?

What themes?

What add-ons?
DBKG replied on at Permalink Reply
Thanks for the kindly reply. I am trying to restore the one that is "dead" from a backup, so that url won't help at the moment on that one. The theme on that one is Genesis.

Actually, I have two others that wouldn't upgrade.
capitalnexus.us
Theme is Pixel 2.1, though this was initially a 5.6 or 5.7 site.
Addons:
MrKDinlkington - Customize Editing Interface
Automatic Email Obfuscator
Clear Cache on Admin Login

The other is 2stinkincute.com
Theme is Eternity 5.7
no addons installed

This site isn't completed yet, so I redid the upgrade to see what the initial error message was. (If the site "dies", I'll just start over with 8.3.2)

Here it is:

An unexpected error occurred.
An exception occurred while executing 'UPDATE btSearch SET postTo_cID = NULL WHERE postTo_cID IS NOT NULL AND IFNULL(postTo_cID + 0, 0) < 1': SQLSTATE[22007]: Invalid datetime format: 1292 Truncated incorrect DOUBLE value: ''

I'll see how my restoration attempts go with the Genesis site...

Thanks again!

Tim
DBKG replied on at Permalink Reply
The other site is still down. I will contact the theme developer for additional help. I had cleared the cache before backing up both the files and the database. I have restored the files and the database, but I am no getting parsing errors.

An unexpected error occurred.
ParseError: missing closing `}` in main.less on line 542, column 93 540| } 541| 542| #ccm-panel-page-design-customize-list .ccm-panel-page-design-customize-style-set:first-child{ 543| display: none; 544| } 545| /* customize_miscellaneous */ /* customize_miscellaneous */

If I delete those lines in the main.less file, I just get the same error message on the previous lines. There is a closing '}' in the file, and the site was operating just fine before the botched update attempt.

That site ishttp://bacharlotte.com/ (which is actually supposed to be forcing to https:)