Chrome is detected as mobile browser
Did anybody ever encounter this?
Thanks for your help
The site is
I checked your site on my chrome and it displayed as it would on a desktop view. You might have accidentally triggered the chrome device view. Is it only on mobile view for your site and not any else? try clearing your chrome's cache and look for the device view setting and disable it.
Hope everything goes well.
Always goes to mobile...
Your site renders as mobile in Chrome for me, and all my concrete5 sites...
...pretty much a site breaker!
Checked that I'm not spoofing a mobile in Chrome - double checked by spoofing as iPad which normally takes the desktop site and this goes to mobile too.
Only happened in the last couple of days since:
TUESDAY, MARCH 3, 2015
Chrome Stable Channel Update
The Chrome team is delighted to announce the promotion of Chrome 41 to the stable channel for Windows, Mac and Linux. Chrome 41.0.2272.76 contains a number of fixes and improvements, including:
A number of new apps/extension APIs
Lots of under the hood changes for stability and performance
A list of changes is available in the log.
Rollover panel doesn't appear when hovering over 'Dashboard' button.
Once in the Dashboard I see the 'Back button'.
We had some problem on some sites to. They where showing the mobile images instead of the desktop versions. After including the new mobile_detect.php the problem was solved.
Any suggestions please?
When a new version of C5.6.x is released we will need to check if there is an update available for the mobile_detect if that is the case we can do a pull request so it gets included in the core.
If for example a new version for the mobile_detect gets published and you cant wait. You can overwrite the file your self. Although you will have to check yourself what affect is has on your site.
I am having the same issue with one of my client sites. On Chrome desktop, it is displaying the mobile theme. I think this happened only recently after the Chrome update. The Chrome version I am using is '41.0.2272.89 m' on Win7.
On /concrete/libraries/3rdparty/mobile_detect.php, I replaced the existing array values in '$phoneDevices' and '$tabletDevices' fromhttps://github.com/mlocati/concrete5/blob/75b09887e0941c8592790ebea0... and that did it. It was somehow detecting the latest Chrome as a mobile device.
I think upgrading to the latest C5 should work too.