Custom Page Types
I appreciate any help. I am able to follow directions well and I've been amazed with what I've been able to do with some help from the C5 community.
Thanks in advance.
1. Open whatever page type (ex. "left_sidebar.php") I want to modify in a text editor.
2. Add new IDs (or classes) to whatever areas that I want to change (ex. give the sidebar a unique ID).
3. Save the document as a new page type (ex. "new_left_sidebar.php")
4. FTP the file up to the theme I will use it in.
5. In the main .CSS file for the theme I plan to use, I add the necessary styling for the unique IDs (or classes) that I just added to the new page type.
6. In the dashboard, go to Themes, and click "Inspect" for whatever theme you're modifying. You will see the new page type you added. Make sure to check it, and activate it.
You now have a new page type added to your theme!
I hope this helps.
know how it goes.