Error after manual update from 5.6.3.3 to 5.6.3.4

Permalink
Hello fellow C5 users!

I have a problem here, I updated my site from 5.6.3.3 to 5.6.3.4 by uploading c 5.6.3.4 to the updates folder and afterwards upgrading from dashboard. I had to do it that way because the upgrade option to 5.6.3.4 was not showing up in dashboard although I am connected to the community.

It seemed at first the upgrade had worked alright, but then I did some edits on the page and when I click save edit I get the error message

[code] {"aID":"31","arHandle":"Main","cID":"148","error":false,"bID":"375"} [code]

The numbers are different on different pages of course.

I can then close the error message pop up, but not the edit window. If I reload the page the edit is done and all looks well again. Can anyone tell me what the problem is and what I can do about it?

I have no knowledge of php but can find my way round if I get a decent explanation. Thxs a lot guys!

1 Attachment

rritz
View Replies:
enlil replied on at Permalink Reply
enlil
I can vouch for the auto update being an issue. There is a version number issue with the last release, where it comes back as 5.6.3.3 and not 5.6.3.4 as it should. This is forcing people to update manually if they want 5.6.3.4. Core team should take a look at this and push a new version to get past the bug. If you visit http://www.concrete5.org/developers/developer-downloads/... you can see 5.6.3.4 was released as 5.6.3.3 again...

Submitted Bug: https://www.concrete5.org/index.php?cID=794786...
rritz replied on at Permalink Reply
rritz
Hi enlil,
in this case I believe it is something to do with the theme. I did a completely fresh install of 5.6.3.4 and it has the same problem, but only when I activate the theme.

The theme developer is not supportive, so maybe with some help I can figure out what may cause the problem.

Since in previous version the theme worked fine, something that has been changed in the new version is causing the problem. Alas, I am not versed in php, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot
andrewjaff replied on at Permalink Reply
andrewjaff
Hi ,

It seams there is some js error , please check in console and solve that.

Thanks
Andrew
rritz replied on at Permalink Reply
rritz
Thanks a lot Andrew!

These are some of the errors shown, can anyone help to resolve?

Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead. jquery.js:3:7108

Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead. jquery.js.pagespeed.jm.TiC1blcYSb.js:1:39519

The character encoding of a framed document was not declared. The document may appear different if viewed without the document framing it. index.php

Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead. jquery.js.pagespeed.jm.TiC1blcYSb.js:1:30299

Handler function NRL_getSecurityInfo threw an exception: TypeError: this.transport is null
Stack: [email protected]://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/server/main.js:1347:5
[email protected]://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/server/actors/webconsole.js:2029:5
[email protected]://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/webconsole/network-monitor.js:263:5
makeInfallible/<@resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/DevToolsUtils.js:87:14
[email protected]://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://devtools/shared/webconsole/network-monitor.js:217:5
Line: 1347, column: 5 DevToolsUtils.js:63:0

TypeError: this.transport is null main.js:1347:5
busters replied on at Permalink Reply
Any news on solving this issue?

I experience the exact same thing when saving a block.
{"aID":"36230","arHandle":"Page content","cID":"5032","error":false,"bID":"22046"}
andrewjaff replied on at Permalink Reply
andrewjaff
Hi,

What js issue you are getting ?
busters replied on at Permalink Reply
First I get the error described above, with different ids depending on block and page.

After trying to close the block editor (content in this case) it gives
TypeError: f.data(...) is undefined on line 3 in ccm.app.js. After that widow stays in the greyed out edit mode.

Upon reloading the page the changes made is visible though.
andrewjaff replied on at Permalink Reply
andrewjaff
Please check if double jquery is added to the page and remove one.

else i will have to check this.
busters replied on at Permalink Reply
Thanks!

It turned out that something in our custom-js messed it up.
I simply put the custom.js inside an ( ! $c->isEditMode() ) so it only loads in front end.
Not an ideal solution but it will have to do until we manage to eliminate the conflict.
andrewjaff replied on at Permalink Reply
andrewjaff
thats not a bad idea. :)
rritz replied on at Permalink Reply
rritz
Hi, the issue disappeared after I uninstalled some add ons. One of them was the are you human captcha, the other was an add on that notifies people they should update their browser. I can't remember if there was another one still.
But I believe one of these two caused the issue. Also there was some bad code in the theme php files. Some js code line outside the footer closing line if I remember right! That one has popped up here and there you might want to check it!