Image Optimizer1 user found helpful
- Smaller images, expect at least an average of 10% size reduction;
- Faster loading websites;
- Higher rating by search engines and e.g. Google PageSpeed;
- Progressive JPG images, which results in a better loading experience;
Do you want to try the add-on first? Please send a PM, and we will send you credentials to a test concrete5 installation.
Feedback and suggestions are welcome of course!
This looks like a super useful add-on.
I use pngquant on a regular basis for compressing PNG files. The reduction in file size is substantial and without any visible reduction in image quality.
- A large PNG file with a transparent background was 484KB. After optimizing it was 156KB.
- A medium size JPEG file was 44KB. After optimizing it was 23KB.
The savings will depend on the image and if it is already optimized or semi-optimized.
I can see this add-on being used in combination with the core Image Uploading automatic resize feature. This would address the common problem of users uploading very large, unoptimized images and damaging page load performance.