Login form on 403 Forbidden page

I'm looking to set up the login page, 404 and 403 pages to use my theme. I've got the login page and the 404 working as I want, but for whatever reason, the 403 seems to want to point to the login page.

I've set them all up as single pages in my site, edited site_theme_paths accordingly, and yet the pesky 403 seems to get ignored and just spits out a login form where I really don't want one. The odd thing is, is that page handle on this page is returned as "page_forbidden" as expected, yet editing that single page does nothing at all.

What am I missing?

Thanks..

This v 5.4.0.5.

moth

Brainakazariua replied on at Permalink Reply
Brainakazariua
You can always make error pages as regular pages, just exclude them from the nav so they can server the right purpose.

To make these defined basics modify the basic concrete pages.

In both the page_not_found.php & page_forbidden.php place the following code: (remove everything else in it since that's of no importance)

<?php 
header("Location:http://www.mysite.com/error-pagename"...); 
exit;  
?>

that way you make use of the basic pages but they show your errors.
moth replied on at Permalink Reply
moth
I've tried this, and anything I put in there get's totally ignored in the page_forbidden.php file.

This is turning into a serious show-stopper for me.
Brainakazariua
Did you try it while your /single_pages was empty?
My solotion is ment to be placed in /concrete/single_pages while the other single_pages is empty/doesn't have those specific pages.
moth replied on at Permalink Reply
moth
I can't add things inside the concrete folder - bad practice, and it's a shared install.
Brainakazariua
in that case my solution indeed doesn't work.
you can try a 301 redirect in your .htaccess instead then.

Redirect 301 /page_forbidden.php http://www.sitename.com/errorpagename
Mnkras replied on at Permalink Reply
Mnkras
that is very interesting, ill look into this, ill post a bug aswell, im having the same problem...