New content disappears from page
I am new to C5 but have been reading up and fiddling around for a couple of months now.
I have ported a HTML5 template into a C5 theme and tried to make a new C5 website with it, but I am struggling to add content because it disappears for me and I do not understand why. It is possible I have not made my theme complete enough, but the basic page looks fine. I have added both a default.php, view.php, full.php and emptypage.php templates to the theme and I have added page types and connected them.
When I add a page it comes up correctly looking good. It has one Area and I can drag blocks to it. i add a Title block and a Content block. Both look fine. When I exit edit mode I am prompted to publish and save it and warned I have not placed the page properly yet. And now the problems occur.
1) I go to the Page Composer to place the page, but the vindow is empty (besides the hear with page title and the footer with Discard, Save&Exit Edit Mode and Publish), there is no tree to choose where to publish it. What could be wrong here? Do I have to do some tweaking to get it to work with Composer?
2) I save the changes annd I am warned there are un-published changes, that is ok.
3) Through Page Drafts I open the page again and click on the Page Settings wheel. I click on Location and I am able to set location now and save.
4) I navigate to the new page via Site map and am able to view the new empty page.
5) I Add content to it, a titel and content block. I add text and eveything looks nice.
6) I exit Edit mode and I am prompted to Publish/Save. I select Publish and boom, the page goes back to blank with all new content I just added gone. Why? I do not understand what goes wrong here. There is a trace of all my changes in Versions, but they do not show on the page. Is my theme missing some integration parts here?
Hopefully this is just some basic rookie mistake.
Any suggestions will be appreciated, both on 1) and 6)
P.S. I am running Concrete5 22.214.171.124 on Apache 2.4 and MySQL 5.6 on Windows 8.1 enterprise.
It sounds like there are errors and/or missing code in your theme.
If you zip your theme and attach it as a reply, I can take a look at it.
I have attached a zipped version of my themes catalog.
My theme is called skolebrygga
The areas in your page templates do not have names. Without a name the added content cannot be saved.
I highly recommend reviewing the theme making documentation:
I have been looking at so much documentation and tutorials that I've gone partly blind, I forget some of the stuff..
I actually have gone through several tutorials, also the one you kindly pointed out, and had set a name on the areas previously. But a couple of days ago I though the name looked a bit odd when it popped up in the backround box on the new pages I made so I decided to change it, only I could not come up with a good one and so I left it blank and forgot all about it.. But hey, now it is working nicely. Thanks so much.