postgresql / sqlite1 user found helpful
If not, I guess I will give it a go. Probably starting with sqlite, because that will be the easier one.
I've got the schema installed - but need to go back and make sure it still works in mysql
You keen to collaborate?
In the install script I skipped, for now, queries than only work in MySQL. These are the "show tables", "set names" and "set character set" queries.
I was abled to get some tables to be created.
- There is no data dictionary in adodb for sqlite. I created one, but needs to be tested further.
- In db.xml <DEFTIMESTAMP/> was replace with <DEFAULT value="NOW"/>
- Indexes must have a unique name for the entire database. This is also true for postgres. I solved this by prefixing the index name with the table name. e.g. akHandle > FileAttributeKeys_akHandle
- Tables are created, but some inserts fail. Still investigating.
For postgres I had to replace the following settings in db.xml:
- Attribute size="1" had to be remove where type="I1" was used
- Attribute type="I2" had to be replaced with type="I"
- <DEFAULT value="0000-00-00 00:00:00"/> had to be removed because it is not a valid date
- Column name ctID is not allowed, because it is reserved for a system column. System colums in postgres are oid, tableoid, xmin, cmin, xmax, cmax, ctid. These cannot be used for column names.
The ctID column name seems like a major issue for postgres support. Did you solve this one?
Because if not, it would mean that the core code needs to be modified.
or patch file
I'm looking forward to a robust solution if you can swing it!
Unless someone from the core team replies nothing is going to happen.
The same with oracle, for both databases we would have to change lots of php.
The C5 team would have to decide if it's worth the effort.