Problems moving a concrete5 file (on server) to my computer (local)
But when I try to view my concrete5 site on my computer I am getting a very unhelpful error message:
An unexpected error occurred. An error occurred while processing this request.
So I'm not even sure where to start as to fixing this. I suspect it might have something to do with a package I installed, but not sure...
Okay looks like I had to go to exceptions.php and change this line:
View::renderError(t('An unexpected error occurred.'), t('An error occurred while processing this request.'), $e);
View::renderError(t('An unexpected error occurred.'), $e->getMessage(), $e);
It's also possible that you're running into permissions issues with you're local copy, but I would think that's unlikely.
Basically, even though it's a small site, the DB is too big for phpMyAdmin to import. I tried changing the upload_max_filesize settings in my php.ini, but when I imported a whole bunch of tables were missing.
Does it work better if you import via Terminal? (I'm on a MAC)
If you use Backup Voodoo for the online backup, one of the custom settings is to save each backup pass into a separate sql file. Another settings group is to reduce tables (like monster page statistics), so providing another way to get the sql file down to a manageable size.
; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files. upload_max_filesize = 32M
Another possible solution is to adjust the php settings through your .htaccess file, however this will only work if your server is configured to allow it. Here's the equivalent code for htaccess:
php_flag upload_max_filesize "32M"
I did end up opening the .sql file in Sublime and copying-pasting it in parts. Maybe I will continue with that method...
php_value max_execution_time 300
show grants for username
Where "username" is the username set up for that database. It should say something like
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES
Note: It takes time to execute maybe quite frustrating sometime to wait for a long, but its secure.