Redirect to "404 not found" instead of dashboard login for existing page to which anon user has no permissions for

Permalink 3 users found helpful
Hi,

Apologies if this is up as a question already, couldn't seem to find a solution here.

I've got 2 types of users to my site, anonymous users and the content staff admins with various roles. At the moment, if an anon user accesses a "not found" page, he gets correctly redirected to a themed 404 page.

The issue is as follows: The site has sections and subsections that are currently not set to public (guest) viewing, and other sections that are publicly available. However, if an anon user enters a CORRECT URL, but to an area that is NOT YET SET for public viewing, the user is redirected to the dashboard login page. Is there any way I could set the redirection to the site default 404 instead? I only want my admins to go to the dashboard login page.

Thanks in advance,

shrike71

citytech2 replied on at Permalink Reply
citytech2
Hi,
If a page doesn't have permission, then it will be redirected to the default login page. This is the general convention. In C5, the default login page is dashboard login page. So according to me, it can't be possible (May be I'm wrong).

Citytech