Site slow on one.com server. (DK)1 user found helpful
I've made the whole website finished and uploaded to one.com server. But the website is incredibly slow. I've talked with one.com and they say that their server to run as they should. Is there someone who can take a quick look at my page and maybe tell me what's wrong?
1. Try disabling cache on the site (Dashboard => System & Settings)
2. Clear out /files/cache folder
3. Try enabling some of the alternative caching libraries, those ones that use RAM as their storage backend are quite much faster:
If I download the entire page down locally run it exactly as I want it to. :(
You could try uploading a few simple versions of 'hello world' that work in different ways to see where the bottleneck may be:
- a plain html version ( no php or databse involved)
- a php versiopn (php, but no database)
- a php & mySQL version (put the text in the database with phpMyAdmin, retrieve it in a one page php script and display it)
- a Concrete5 hello world page (minimal theme, single block)
Note that only the last of these involves Concrete5.