site's C5-profile: owner vs developer

Permalink 1 user found helpful
Hi all,
I have a site on 5.4 which I have connected with C5. I created an own account for the site and installed one add-on with that account, which got assigned just fine. I have this current account (patej) with which I purchased add-ons to the same site before 5.4. How do I assign those add-on's to the site? I have added my account patej as a developer to the site's Management Team but I can't access the add-on's through the site profile. On my patej profile page it shows all my add-ons as unassigned.

If assigning licenses from several accounts is not possible, how do I transfer the license to the site's account? And what is the purpose of the "Management Team" for a site?

Greetings,
--patrik

patej

wizard247 replied on at Permalink Reply
wizard247
Hi all,

I've got the same problem. I have developed a site for a client using my own user account and all add-ons are in there.

My client has now made their own Concrete5 account and has purchased an additional add-on for their site, but they cannot connect to the site as they are not the owner. I have tried adding them as "editor" and "developer" to the management team, but this doesn't seem to work either.

Is there another way that they can install the addon via their own Project page?

Thanks for your time,
Wizard247
Shotster replied on at Permalink Reply
Shotster
I've never used the marketplace connectivity feature, so I can't speak to that, but you should be able to simply download the add-on package, decompress it, and place it in the "packages" folder. It's not the "user friendly" way to go about it, but it should work.

-Steve
uswebdesigner replied on at Permalink Reply
uswebdesigner
Has anyone figured out how to do this. That is, once a site is developed, to allow another user to add add-ons from their own C5 account?

I figured it was assigning them to the management team in a project profile, but per above, this does not seem to be the case.

And does anyone know where I learn what the difference is between the two Management Team types, Developer, Editor? I can't find info on it anywhere.

Thanks
uswebdesigner replied on at Permalink Reply
uswebdesigner
Has anyone figured out how to do this. That is, once a site is developed, to allow another user to add add-ons from their own C5 account?

I figured it was assigning them to the management team in a project profile, but per above, this does not seem to be the case.

And does anyone know where I learn what the difference is between the two Management Team types, Developer, Editor? I can't find info on it anywhere.

Thanks
patej replied on at Permalink Reply
patej
Hi,
Hmm.. It was long since I asked my question and unfortunately I forgot to record the solution here.. I got it solved somehow, but I can't remember how it went.

Now, however, I have the associations working so that I am Management Team member as a "Developer" for a project which is owned by another user. I can associate addons from my own purchaces to the site and also release them from it (e.g. to be associated with another site).

This is done via "My Account" -> Projects -> Project name. There you see a list of addons associated with the project and below the list is a dropdown with unassigned addons, if you have any left. When signed in as the site owner, you also have an option to add users to the site's Management Team.

Sorry I can't help more with the differences between Management Team types, but hopefully this clarified a bit.