upgraded to 5.3 and i can't edit my pages anymore

I just upgraded to 5.3 and everything still shows up when I go to the website but when I log in and want to make changes, concrete won't allow me to get into the module. Please help.

frz replied on at Permalink Reply
frz
clean out your cache directories.
ward7studios replied on at Permalink Reply
I'm having the same problem. My cache has been cleared, but still can't edit anything.
Tony replied on at Permalink Reply
Tony
do you two have firebug installed? if so, can you see if the site is throwing any javascript errors?
Yes, I do have Firebug, but it hasn't reported any errors when I click on the "edit page" button.
Tony
ok, then can you click view source, and attach the file here? I'm wondering if the html is funky for some reason.
ward7studios replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
Here it is
andrew replied on at Permalink Reply
andrew
Did you perhaps override header_required.php in your local elements/ directory? It looks like it's still linking to a bunch of items that we no longer include. We've changed the name of various files to make them simpler and less apt to break in the future. It should be included jquery.js, rather than jquery1.2.6.js, etc...
Thanks! Modified the new version of header-required.php and it works fine now.
Tony
I forgot that the toolbar is now being injected into the DOM using javascript. Are you seeing the concrete5 toolbar on the top of the page?
Yes, it's showing up. The "Dashboard", "Help", and "Sign Out" buttons on the right work, but none of the left buttons do.
ScottC replied on at Permalink Reply
ScottC
the jquery version is switched but has the same filename...

So totally clear your cache(something like shift + f5) all depends on your browser.. This will get rid of the cache issues with the jquery upgrade and download a fresh set of everything.
edit: missed the attachment but leaving the post as this can't be stressed enough :)

In hindsight maybe the files should have changed names..