Developing (v7+)

External php script

Hi! I search a way how to execute a separate php script in the context of C5, so that i i have for example already a DB connection and all constants set/available. Is there already something built in for this purpose?

Form Helper missing elements?

Hi all, Just wondering if the Form Helper has an option for the select element? It's not mentioned in the API... Cheers.

Encoding problem with special characters

Hi there! I have built a custom block and add for example a simple The problem is, that for example if I enter a "ü" the database stores a "ü". So there must be wrong conversion from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8. Any ideas where it comes from? Is ther...

Editbale regions and options

Hi there, I am reading the docs about creating templates, and editable regions... Now i have seen this example: Now in dissecting that code... The "Main" - is that just a unique identifier? Is there a list of options for the "Area" function? …

Newsletter + shopping cart

I need to somehow add a newsletter function and a basic shopping cart to the C5 site I am working on, and was wondering what the best options for me would be, I believe I can make custom blocks where I put in other existing software for this but if you ha…

Max Width & Heigh for Images

Hi there! I would like to know where and how I would be able to set the parameters for both the maximum width and height of images within the homepage of my concrete5 site. I'm building a website for a client and want to make sure that when he upl…

Different home page based on url

Hi Guys, Is it possible to display a different home page based upon the url, so for example a company that has three businesses wants to use one site, but essentially a different set of pages for each one. so if url-1 is entered, show pageid=34 if …

is ccm.base.js necessary?

C5 includes ccm.base.js, ccm.dialog.js and ccm.base.css even if I'm not working on the site. (no user log in) Is there a reason for this? Are there block using ccm.base.css? It loads a few pictures because of it too! I have to build a site for Africa a…

Easy addition of structured content

Please forgive me for such a basic question. Is it possible to create a block or other c5 item that will allow the easy addition of structured content. For example, say I wanted to list of people. I would click into c5 edit mode. Navigate to my people pa…

accessing the dialog pop up from a single page

I have a single page created which contains a form that i need the user to be able to select a page via the sitemap pop up like on say the search block where you can select a page to search under. I tried to use the code out of the search block but it's n…

Filter Posts