Another Server Error 500

Hi

Despite making no changes to our hosted website since early December (and then just to blacklist some IPs), I now can't get the site to load up without this error.

Even when I go onto crawfordjoyce.com/index.php/dashboard to try to get access to the error logs, I just seem to get into an authentication loop ending with the server error.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I need to do to resolve this/what could have caused this? It's been absolutely fine since the last development work was done about 12 months ago.

maar replied on at Permalink Reply
maar
Do you have a screendump telling a little more about the error?

What you are writing here is simply not enough to help!
japrober replied on at Permalink Reply
Sadly I only get as far as Chrome telling me that the homepage (or any other) has failed to load. When I do get the login page to load I just get a list of dashboard items but selecting the one listing errors just results in the 500 error page.

I did notice in SQL database admin that the database appears to have been re-started (not by any of us) on 22nd December, and that the server SQL version is later (more recent) than the library version. Perhaps the problem lies here?

The htaccess file is pretty standard and had not been amended since March 2015. Pretty urls have been on since we launched the site in November 2014.
maar
As MrKDilkington says: 500 Server error is normally something wrong to your server. And what you here say about MySQL server upgrade could be where to look.

But you should contact your hosting provider to let them investigate!

Just out of curiosity, what version of concrete5 do you use?
MrKDilkington replied on at Permalink Reply
MrKDilkington
Hi japrober,

An error 500 sounds like a server problem. I recommend contacting your web host's technical support.
japrober replied on at Permalink Reply
They are asking me to look at the error log - which I can't find without the error happening. I agree it looks like a server problem given what I found out tonight (database restarted on 22nd Dec).
maar
The error log they are mentioning is probably a text file in the root of your site called "error.log".