Can't see bottom half of edit window

When I click 'edit' of a block on a page:
The editing window pops-up, but you can't see the bottom half of the window - it hangs half-way off the bottom of the browser window - So I can't see the Cancel/Update buttons.

See attached screen print.

The 4-way mouse cursor lets me click-drag the title bar higher up the screen so the entire editing window is visable... But this is really a pain to do every time I edit something on this pc at home.

Result is same for both simple & advanced editors.

This also happens in Dashboard:
Dashboard / File Manager / Images & Files, click on an image, choose Properties -- the File Properties window pops up and is hanging part way off the bottom of the screen. (I cant see the date under Date Modified )

The HTML Source Editor button in the editor pops-up the HTML editor windows near the top of the screen -- this works fine -- I can see the Update/Cancel buttons at the bottom. And in this instance the mouse scroll wheel move both the edit window and background window up and down at the same time.

In THIS Support Forum the pop-up posting Edit window, works fine... it pops-up high on the browser window.

I'm using Internet Explorer 7.0 on Windows XP, 1024 x 768

I had this problem last year when I accessed the online demo. It has never worked properly.

The javascript in C5's Edit mode seems to be very iffy on different machines I'm testing, more examples to follow.

1 Attachment

frz replied on at Permalink Reply
frz
can anyone else get this behavior confirmed for me? this hasn't been my experience with ie7 at least. i know we actively do not support ie6 in edit mode, and i know we're only worrying about ie8 now in the v5.3 that is in beta....

does anyone else have similar punkiness to this fellow in ie7 - or is perhaps something else going on with his setup?
chunksmurray replied on at Permalink Reply
chunksmurray
Using a getconcrete5 demo. In Vista no problems. My XP setup was the same, IE7 & 1024x768. The edit box was cutoff a little, not as bad as in the screenshot however. The top of box started just under the edit mode bar.

I was able to move it around to get it in the screen.

Paul - Are you able to change your PC's screen res and check if the same thing happens? If it's not limited to that res of course...