Download and install
What am I doing wrong?
I'm NOT having a good day.... under MASSIVE pressure...
Not sure what to do after, but if I get stuck, can I reach out?
- Start MAMP
- It should open your web browser with the MAMP-site. There you find phpMyAdmin
- create a empty database and a user with safe password, grant the user all rights to that database
- visit the MAMP folder (user/Applications/MAMP on a Mac)
- move your unzipped concrete5 folder to that MAMP folder and rename it do 'htdocs' (rename the original htdocs folder)
- Go to your web browser and visithttp://localhost:8888
you should see the concrete5 installation screen now. If something doesn't work, check out the MAMP preferences, if PHP version etc. are according to what concrete5 needs. But it should work out-of-the-zip.
Good luck :)
#2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
The server is not responding.
I plan to FULLY compensate you for helping me here Steve!
Look into the seettings of MAMP, where the MySQL preferences and ports are set.
Look an the solution here:
I work don't with Windows anymore, but I can set up a Windows environment on my MAC and I can give you a step by step guide.
Is MAMP installed and running?
You have the default 'htdocs' folder under MAMP, yes?
In the 'htdocs' create a new folder, maybe 'test' or something. Drop all the Concrete5 folders into the 'test' folder or unzip the download.
From the little 'MAMP' dialogue box click 'Open WebStart page', then click 'Tools', then 'phpMyAdmin' from the browser window. In the left hand window click 'New', then at top of page in main window under 'Create database' give your database a name, lets say 'test'. Then click on 'Collation' drop down, scroll down and choose 'utf8_genral_ci', then click 'Create'.
Now go to 'localhost:8888/test/' in your browser and hopefully you should see the C5 set up page.
Anyway, how can I thank you for taking the time today?
Let me know!!!