Error after update

Permalink 1 user found helpful
Hey All
First post and issue hoping someone can help me in the right direction.

Decided to go ahead and update my system to vesion 8.2.1 through the interface, this went horrible wrong and I ended up with a completly broken site, fortunatley I had a good backup and restored the entire site went ahead and almost sucessfully updated by replacing the core instead of going with the internal site update. I got som database error that it couldnt create the tables but I guess htey allready where created by the sys update.

Now everythin works expect Express /dashboard/express/entries When I try to go to that page I get the following error

Declaration of Concrete\Core\Page\Controller\DashboardExpressEntityPageController::getEntity() should be compatible with Concrete\Core\Page\Controller\DashboardExpressEntriesPageController::getEntity(Concrete\Core\Tree\Node\Type\ExpressEntryResults $parent)

From what I understand is that those two files need to match versions but cant really wrap my head around where I need to search replace files to get it to work?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Michael

View Replies: View Best Answer
hutman replied on at Permalink Reply
hutman
What version are you upgrading from?

I would suggest you restore (again) and you might have to do a couple of increments to update to 8.2.1 depending what version you are currently on.
theana27 replied on at Permalink Reply
theana27
I have same problem too. I come from version 8.1. Also have same error when I want to see entries in dashboard.
Parasek replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
Parasek
Usually in c5 you get errors like that, when you have wrong php version. Try to change php version on your server.
Some versions of php7 will cause that error, depends which one you have installed.
theana27 replied on at Permalink Reply
theana27
Thank you very much. It really helps. I had php 7.0. I've changed it to php 5.6, clear cache and see no errors.
mbernholdt replied on at Permalink Reply
Been out of the office for a few days, so sorry for not answering sooner.

Parasek thank you for your working solution. I had enabled PHP 7.03 to enjoy the site speed. But switching back to PHP 5.6.30-0 solved the problem for me.

Thank you for all your help.
mbernholdt replied on at Permalink Reply
Must have been a error with PHP 7.0.3.
Just compiled PHP Version 7.1.7 to test and it works like a charm. In other words, PHP 7.0.3 is a no go.