Error - currently unable to handle this request. 500

Hi All,

Currently I am running 5.6.3.1 and trying to upgrade to 5.6.3.4 (my only option), but I'm really trying to move to the new world of 5.7+ :-)

I understand that this upgrade must be carried out in phases, but I've fallen over at the 1st hurdle.

I have tried a number of times and keep receiving the message:
The easyroomlets.com page isn’t working - easyroomlets.com is currently unable to handle this request. 500 (and attached).

Read all the literature around this and carried out prior:

1. Turned Off Pretty URL's
2. Cleared Cache
3. Turned Cache Off
4. Backed up DB

So each time I've carried out a restore and all works fine.

Any advice on other areas/files I need to look at would be helpful.

1 Attachment

hutman replied on at Permalink Reply
hutman
How are you trying to upgrade? Are you doing through the dashboard Update Concrete5 page or are you upgrading manually? Have you checked your server error logs to see if you are getting an out of memory or timeout error?

Here is a good description of the ways to upgrade if the dashboard page doesn't workhttp://legacy-documentation.concrete5.org/tutorials/manually-upgrad...
adminEasy replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
Hi Hutman,

I've tried all connections now and all fail one way of the other.

1. Dashboard Method - failed as per my earlier post
2. Manual overwrite of concrete directory - failed the same way.

One thing that is confusing is that when I removed the Pretty URL code from my .htaccess all my dashboard controls disappear!

Checked my error log (attached) and the only thing that sticks out is errors with the hide_config_files.php (line 16 chmod($x, 0666); ???

==========================
<?php
// Hides specified config files from the world
// Put a list of the config file(s) to be hidden from world readable below
$hidden_config_files = array(
"hide_config_files.php",
"config/site.php",
"concrete/single_pages/install.php",
"concrete/config/base.php"
);

foreach ($hidden_config_files as $x) {
if (@is_file($x)) {
chmod($x, 0666);
}
}
?>
====================

Still confused
adminEasy replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
Hi Hutman, Anyone

Any thoughts on the hide_config_files.php issue? This has been going on for some time, but I have no idea if it impacts the upgrade.
adminEasy replied on at Permalink Reply
Good News

Dug around a little more and read this posthttp://www.concrete5.org/community/forums/customizing_c5/error-afte... - and apparently there is/was an issue with 5.6.3.4. So I manually installed 5.6.3.3 and it worked :-)

Question - fromhttp://www.concrete5.org/developers/developer-downloads/... - what's my next install option? Would it be 5.7.4.1 (5-11-2015)?

My dashboard/System & Settings/Update Concrete is still advising to go to 5.6.3.4

As always help greatly apprecaited
OK, bit of a wasted effort - no upgrade path to 5.7.

Created a DEV environment on my VPS and installed 5.7.3.1. Great opportunity to create a clean new site, with no rush.
hutman replied on at Permalink Reply
hutman
If you're going to start with 5.7 you should really start with the newest version, there were HUGE changes made at 5.7.5 and upgrading did not go well on some sites.
Good call,

I'll let you know how I've got on.

Cheers
Hi Hutman,

Can I pick your brains once again.

I was making fantastic work on staging 5.7.5.6 until my host 123-Reg deleted "accidentally" all VPS' on 16th April. All my backups where on Plesk VPS. To date they have not recovered the DEV work and I may have to start again :(

My main site came back yesterday (some customers not so fortunate), but I coouldn't even login and I was getting a number of errors about the some addons all surrounding concrete/core/libraries - after uninstalling these addon's I managed to login as admin. But when I try to visit my site whilst logged in I receive the following:

Fatal error: Class 'LoginBlockController' not found in /var/www/vhosts/easyroomlets.com/httpdocs/concrete/core/libraries/loader.php on line 437

I have read that upgrading may resolve this issue, but my current site is at 5.6.3.3. and no updates are available.

Before I do something which I may regret, what would be the impact if I download the zipped file and copy the /core/libraries folder to my current site?

Any help would of course be appreciated
hutman replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
hutman
I would start by replacing the /concrete directory in full with one you download from this pagehttps://www.concrete5.org/developers/developer-downloads/... but download the exact same version you already have installed. Then go to /index.php/tools/required/upgrade and click the re run this script button to fix any database issues. Once you've done that you just have to worry about installed packages that might be missing.
Hi Hutman,

Many thanks for your speedy reply.

I'll try that and let you know the result. Currently waiting for 123 to give me back access to Plesk to make a backup first.

Cheers
Hi Hutman,

It's been a bit of a mare, but managed to get my site back online; Excellent advice.

Only thing now is that when logged in as Admin, and I click return to Website, my Edit functionality has disappeared and nothing works in SiteMap. Any ideas? This just in case I want some info to transfer to the DEV site.

Not a total disaster if no, or to much configuration, as I have the DEV site back and I'll crack on with that.
No, all sorted, missed a Migration packaged that I had installed that I released and re-installed.

Once again - many thanks.

Gerald