Extremely intermittent 500 errors

Now here is a situation for expert professionals... Can anyone please go through trouble-shooting steps with me? I keep on getting 500 errors and cache cannot be emptied through the dashboard.

Here's the steps I took:
I've tried to install Concrete5.7.5.13 on a server, where the host/provider does NOT allow unzip.
The server can only be reached through SSH and SFTP.

I've unzipped Concrete5.7.5.13 on my mac and uploaded it with Cyberduck to the server. The mySQL database I made is of "utf8_general_ci" collation format.
I've done: "CHMOD a+rw packages updates application/files application/config"

When going through install, the installation first kept hanging on "Supports concrete5 request URLs" check forever.... Doesn't in anyway go further.
Later on it passes so I installed C5 but immediately got a 500 error.
A few minutes later I could reach the dashboard again. I made a couple of pages, but when clicking the nav menu, again 500 errors.
Then after a few minutes it worked again...

The yesterday, a couple of hours later I went into the dashboard and tried to empty the cache from there - this caused another 500 error and the site has not been up since then, more than a day.

Even when I delete application/config/database.php it won't get into install again.
The server "is currently unable to handle this request."

I have not created an .htaccess file.
The public folder on this server is in root>>web/

Please help, I know almost nothing about servers, so I need to really figure out how to make it work on this one, or what kind of errors I should be reporting to my provider - maybe they need to change something in PHP.ini or in the server configuration?

Also: I do not have access to any PHP.ini file, only the provider has.
The specs of the server can be seen here:http://www.filmhuiscavia.nl/test.php...
it seems to be Apache with Zend and fastCGI and PHP-fpm (this is not nginx i think?).

Further note: the server can handle really large quota so the disk isn't full yet.

jirosworld

mnakalay replied on at Permalink Reply
mnakalay
Hello,
I noticed you had memcache enabled and that might be the problem. C5 has a tendency to act up when memcache is enabled. I think there are ways around this that you can find looking in the forum.

Another thing is you seem to be on a shared hosting plan and you said you don't have access to setting PHP so that's not a good combination and there might be something else there but I'm not sure what.
jirosworld replied on at Permalink Reply
jirosworld
Thanks. I don't know what memcache is, but when looking for that for Concrete5 I can only find posts I don't understand, and a Github repo:https://github.com/hissy/scaling-concrete5... which I'm not sure applies to me.

+ I don't think it is unusual at all to not be able to get to php.ini - i have multiple concrete5 sites on other shared hosting servers, cheap ones, and those all work fine!
jirosworld replied on at Permalink Reply
jirosworld
This might help: here's some examples of the *countless* errors that I'm getting:

[Sat Mar 11 11:30:29.436189 2017] [:error] [pid 15033] [client 157.55.39.179:13888] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client24/web217/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-filmhuiscavia.nl" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(/application/bootstrap/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client24/web217/web/concrete/bootstrap/autoload.php on line 8
[Sat Mar 11 11:30:29.436198 2017] [:error] [pid 15033] [client 157.55.39.179:13888] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client24/web217/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-filmhuiscavia.nl" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/application/bootstrap/autoload.php' for inclusion (include_path='/var/www/clients/client24/web217/web/concrete/vendor:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/clients/client24/web217/web/concrete/bootstrap/autoload.php on line 8
[Sat Mar 11 11:30:29.436207 2017] [:error] [pid 15033] [client 157.55.39.179:13888] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client24/web217/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-filmhuiscavia.nl" stderr: PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Class 'Symfony\\Component\\ClassLoader\\Psr4ClassLoader' not found in /var/www/clients/client24/web217/web/concrete/src/Foundation/ClassLoader.php on line 227
[Sat Mar 11 11:39:20.375674 2017] [:error] [pid 15648] [client 62.163.55.114:58915] FastCGI: server "/var/www/clients/client24/web217/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi-*-80-filmhuiscavia.nl" stderr: PHP message: PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/application/bootstrap/autoload.php' for inclusion (include_path='/var/www/clients/client24/web217/web/concrete/vendor:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/clients/client24/web217/web/concrete/bootstrap/autoload.php on line 8