Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception'

Permalink 2 users found helpful
I've recently upgraded to 5.4.0.5 and have now started getting this error when trying to edit ANY page:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysql error: [145: Table './therp2_mydb/PageSearchIndex' is marked as crashed and should be repaired] in EXECUTE("UPDATE PageSearchIndex SET cName='Home',cDescription='NC',cPath=NULL,cDatePublic='2010-02-14 12:50:00',content='land Rd. , &is a clinic based in NC. PT, in /home/therap3/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php on line 78

I've searched the forum and found similar problems but not the same, and not sure what the fix is.

Any ideas anyone?

dibbc

drm replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
drm
Well the error specifically says that the table "PageSearchIndex" needs to be repaired.

So the first thing to try is to attempt to repair the table via MySQL:

REPAIR TABLE PageSearchIndex

Then see if that helps..
dibbc replied on at Permalink Reply
dibbc
Hey man, thanks! That did the trick. As obvious as it is now, I wouldn't have gotten that on my own.

And even after you wrote that, it's been a while since I gotten into phpMyAdmin on my cPanel, so I got into there, then had to find the database, which I see is "therap3_tpc5", and then find the SQL area to run the command you said in.

So I feel good about myself for getting that far, and of course your command was the key to it it all, so I appreciate it!
c5fan replied on at Permalink Reply
I was on my client's site to make a simple change and the first thing I went to do was click on the Sitemap in the dashboard. I got a "Database error occured while processing this request". I then checked the logs and found a number of errors saying "Table PageSearchIndex is marked as crashed and should be repaired".

In this thread, the submitter was instructed to run REPAIR TABLE PageSearchIndex through mysql. It fixed the problem for them, but I'm worried that this could make things worse.

Everything else in the site seems to work; at least I can view all pages and edit them. I haven't tried to add a page.

The site is using google search so I'm wondering if this table is mainly for c5 searching? Does anyone know if "REPAIR TABLE" is safe? I'd appreciate any advice on this. Thanks.

UPDATE: I'm opening a separate thread for this since this is filed under Installation but my client's problem is not related to a recent installation.
frantzeskakis replied on at Permalink Reply
i am having a similar issue. my site is currently down. any suggestions?

http://www.cretavision.com

thanks!
Nick

my error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysql error: [1054: Unknown column 'Pages.cPointerExternalLinkNewWindow' in 'field list'] in EXECUTE("select Pages.cID, Pages.pkgID, Pages.cPointerID, Pages.cPointerExternalLink, Pages.cPointerExternalLinkNewWindow, Pages.cFilename, Collections.cDateAdded, Pages.cDisplayOrder, Collections.cDateModified, cInheritPermissionsFromCID, cInheritPermissionsFrom, cOverrideTemplatePermissions, cPendingAction, cPendingActionUID, cPendingActionTargetCID, cPendingActionDatetime, cCheckedOutUID, cIsTemplate, uID, cPath, Pages.ctID, ctHandle, ctIcon, ptID, cParentID, cChildren, ctName, cCacheFullPageContent, cCacheFullPageContentOverrideLifetime, cCacheFullPageContentLifetimeCustom from Pages inner join Collections on Pages.cID = Collections.cID left join PageTypes on (PageTypes.ctID = Pages.ctID) left join PagePaths on (Pages.cID = PagePaths.cID and PagePaths.ppIsCanonical = 1) where Pages.cID = 1") ' in /home/thisisp2/public_html/cretavision.com/updates/concrete5.4.2/con in /home/thisisp2/public_html/cretavision.com/updates/concrete5.4.2/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php on line 78