Hosting iPage -Frustrated
I am new to Concrete5, but I have learned the basics and have created a home page. My hosting is with iPage through a simple script installation.
Everything installed correctly, and I am able to edit the site using Concrete 5. However, when I go back to pointing my domain to the CS5 folder, I get the following when I type in my website in the address field of the browser:
The requested URL /heinleindesign.net-redirect/design/index.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
The only way for me to get my domain to direct to my website is to redirect it using the url. Why can I not just point my domain to the root folder of Concrete5?
Also, why does "Sign in to Edit this Site" still show in the footer when a visitor visits the site?
Thank you for all your help,
However,in my root directory I already have a different website located there.
If I move all the Concrete5 files to the root directory, then my other website does not work.
To pointhttp://www.yourdomain.com at a subfolder:
1) Login into the Ipage Control Panel.
2) On the right side of the page, under the 'Shortcuts' heading, click on 'Edit Domains'.
3) You will then see a list of domains associated with your account, click on the plus button to the left ofhttp://www.yourdomain.com
4) There will now be a row of blue buttons beneathhttp://www.yourdomain.com - 'Pointers' will be already highlighted, if not click on it.
5) Beneath the heading 'Pointers', there will be a drop down box, select 'Subdirectory'
6) In the text box, to the right of the drop down box, enter in the directory path from root to your folder e.g. /myconcrete5folder/
7) Click the 'Save' button.
Hope this helps!
But I tried that. Still comes up with the page can not be found.
The only thing I can think of is that the concrete folder is inside another folder that I created in the sub directory I created in the root folder.
1) Login into IPage.
2) In the central panel click on the 'SimpleScripts' button.
3) Under the 'My Installs' heading there should be a 'Concrete5' heading.
4) In blue there should be the URL of where you installed the site to.
Hope that helps a little more!