How do I disable ASP style tags?
The checklist shows everything OK, except "ASP Style Tags disabled" is not checked.
I don't see mention of how to do that in the forums or help pages.
You've likely figured it out by now, that I'm a total noob. I'm using Concrete5 because it's "so easy."
I've done some reading online, but need some hand-holding. If you answer something like "You need to edit your .htaccess file" or "Just add php_flag asp_tags off to your configuration", you'll lose me altogether.
Yes, the ideal would be to use iPage's one-click install (courtesy of Mojo), but they don't have version 5.7 yet, only 5.6.3.
In the ini file search for asp_tags, set it to off and save, it should do the trick.
Thank-you! It worked perfectly. I would have been a L-O-N-G time discovering this.
If someone else has this trouble, here are the exact steps I followed:
1) Start at the iPage.com Control Panel.
2) From the menu, choose "Additional Tools."
3) From the sub-menu, choose "CGI and Scripted Language Support"
4) From the list, choose "PHP Scripting". This takes you to the PHP Scripting page -- how 'bout that, eh?
5) Tell your browser to search for "asp_tags"
6) That will take you to a window at the bottom of the page, with "asp_tags" highlighted.
7) If it says "asp_tags = On" just change "On" to "Off"
8) Finally, but important: click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
Now go back and try the install process. There should now be a check mark by "ASP Style Tags Disabled"
It turns out changing this follows exactly the same procedure as above: in step # 5, search for "memory_limit", and then change "32" to "64".
Will wonders never cease?
Looking forward and will appreciate your support