Installation hangs at dashboard3 users found helpful
I haven't changed anything, just tried to install it for the x-th time. (And threatened my computer to throw it out of the window!) Now it works!
Gosh, computers ;-)
I know this question seems familiar...
Months I installed concrete5 on Windows XP, using wamp-server. The installation stopped at dashboard and I found help here in the forum to change the php.ini entries (max_time_execution, memory limit) It worked!
But know i have the same problem, the ini file is changed, and another thing I checked is the engine. It is set on MyISAM.
Unfortunately I am pretty new to CMS and server (settings).
Does anyone have an idea what I do wrong and have to change?
(I tried xampp, too. And different browsers...)
I am stuck.
Thanks for your help!
What I did so far to solve the problem:
- contacted the server support team (they gave up after 30 min live support)
- tried to install concrete5 on another webspace - different provider (same error)
- tried to install from a different computer from another city (no success)
- tried to install without sample content (no success)
- installed directly to html root directory (no success)
- increased the max execution time from 32M to 128M in php.ini (no success)
As I said, I have not really a clue as I have only little server experience. I can remember that the installation problem was solved once when I changed all names for sql database, usernames for DB and concrete5 installation. I used different passwords, usernames and no upper case, if I remember correctly.
It is one of the things I read in an older post here.
Max execution time and other low default php.ini settings have all been increased. Tried 5.3 & 5.4.
It's not an issue with my setup but the concrete5 installer.
But somebody of the core team closed the report as solved. But I think it is not solved yet and we should make a new one again.
I think this behavior is not a usual bug. The new Versions of Concrete5 needs just to much performance while processing the installation scripts so the installation will not work on low budget hosts with a limited script execution time, low memory settings and limited shared database servers. I guess this is hard to fix and the core team knows that ... just my interpretation of the new system requirements statements here: