Multilingual Setup - Website is super slow/not responding - Pixel 2 Theme

Permalink
Hi

I created a website and used the "Multilingual Setup" by concrete using the Pixel 2 theme, now the website is super slow/not responding.
http://www.aura-healer.ch

Looking forward to hear from you!
great

View Replies: View Best Answer
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
Install Speed Analyzer https://www.concrete5.org/marketplace/addons/speed-analyzer...

Chances are, you have an autonav that is digging much deeper than it needs to.
great replied on at Permalink Reply
thx, I just installed it... how can I identify now what I need to change!? can you help me?
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
look at the speed analyzer trace for a typical page - such as a language home page - and from that identify the offending block types - those with the long entries on the chart.

Then look at your settings for those block types (likely to be Autonav, either as a block on the page or hard coded into the theme)
great replied on at Permalink Reply 7 Attachments
I am not sure I understood correctly, I attached a complete report in form of screenshots. What I can Identify is line 108 with 631 queries...
Do you see something else?
What do I do with this information now?
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply 2 Attachments
JohntheFish
The blocks marked in the attached are major contributors. You can find their names in the text.

However, the overall is about 750ms, so not too bad. Hence your slow pages could be more to do with other aspects of the page than c5 rendering the content.

Look at your browser dev console network tab and see what is taking a long time. It could be massive volumes of images or other assets, or perhaps something that is very slow to respond.
great replied on at Permalink Reply 3 Attachments
...something with the GET request does not work...
I don't know what the issue might be :(
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
Your attachments are not downloading.
great replied on at Permalink Reply 3 Attachments
lets try again :)
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
This is not 100% certain, but I don't think anything is fundamentally wrong with your site.There is something fundamentally wrong with your web server and/or host. The delay is in the server even getting started. Once it gets started, the site renders quickly. Its just that you get random 1-2 minute delays before the server gets started.

You need to contact your host support and get them to sort out the server.
ConcreteOwl replied on at Permalink Reply
ConcreteOwl
Yup, @JohnTheFish has probably hit the nail on the head.
I noticed that clicking the link to your site would have the page loaded very quickly, but refreshing the browser would often see a very long load time.
Very intermittent loading would point to the server being low on resources.
If it was the site files/database then the load times would be more consistent.
great replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
Hi all,
I resolved the problem, actually the problem is the version 8.5.4 but with the 8.5.5RC1 Update all the issues regarding multilingual setup have been fixed.
Thank you for all your input!