Please help :( Locked out of site.

Permalink
I updated my concrete yesterday to the latest version and it messed up all of my site alignment, so I installed the backup I made earlier to upgrading.. I couldn't update the blocks properly so I logged out and now I get this error code when I try to login:

mysql error: [1054: Unknown column 'uDefaultLanguage' in 'field list'] in EXECUTE("select uID, uName, uIsActive, uIsValidated, uTimezone, uDefaultLanguage from Users where uName = 'admin' and uPassword = '2c00eb823a1e3b5e68174be2deb151a7'")

I reset my pwd and got another error code.. I can't get into my site..

Please help :(

View Replies:
whitelionent replied on at Permalink Reply
After I reset the pwd, this is the error I received:
An unexpected error occurred.
mysql error: [1054: Unknown column 'uDefaultLanguage' in 'field list'] in EXECUTE("SELECT uID, uName, uIsActive, uLastOnline, uTimezone, uDefaultLanguage FROM Users WHERE uID = '1'")
codingpenguins replied on at Permalink Reply
You will have to add this field in the table for it to work.

Here is the other forum talking about ithttp://www.concrete5.org/community/forums/installation/critical-can...
whitelionent replied on at Permalink Reply
Can you please help me? I really dont know how to change it to work? I can pay you if you like?
codingpenguins replied on at Permalink Reply
I PM you. Email me if you want me to do this for you. Information is sensitive. Thanks.
sebpowell replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
Hi CodingPenguins,

I'm experiencing the same problem as the one described in this thread, after moving a site to a different host.

Looks like the column uDefaultLanguage doesn't exist in my database, which seems to be the problem. I've tried following the instructions in the thread you posted, but can't seem to add the column to the database (see attached file).

Judging from what's been said in the thread, it seems you have experience in fixing this problem so I'd really really appreciate it if you could help me out as I'm not too sure what to do.

Thanks,

Seb
codingpenguins replied on at Permalink Reply
What was the query that you tried to use?
sebpowell replied on at Permalink Reply
Hiya - thanks for the quick reply :)

I tried the following:
ALTER TABLE Users ADD uDefaultLanguage VARCHAR(32);


Which then displays the message I sent you. Any ideas?
codingpenguins replied on at Permalink Reply
I never heard of that error. Try using the database name first.
use (databaseName);
ALTER TABLE Users ADD uDefaultLanguage VARCHAR(32);


Have you used phpmyadmin. You could be pressing the wrong button or something.

-EDIT: I tested it and it worked for me
sebpowell replied on at Permalink Reply 1 Attachment
Thanks for that - I tried using your method, but now get the attached message.

Looks like a permissions issue? Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Haven't used phpMyAdmin much before - I'm entering the query using the query window that pops up when you click on the icon in the left column, and then pressing 'Go'.
codingpenguins replied on at Permalink Reply
Yeah you are doing it right, but if you do not have access to the root user, then you are not able to change the database because it looks like you only have certain permissions. If you are hosted with someone I suggest you talk to their technical people and tell them the query you are trying to run and it should be really easy for them to do.
tonidomenech replied on at Permalink Reply
tonidomenech
Considero que nadie se esfuerza mucho en contestar los diferentes problemas que le suergen a la gente.

Pues bién yo te diria tres cosas.

1º Haria una copia de seguridad de todo BASE DE DATOS, concrete intalación etc...

2º Lugar borraria todo e instalaria una versión limpia de concrete5.

3º Pasaría uno a uno todos los datos hasta conseguir tener todo lo que tenias, antes del caos.