Spell Check 500 Internal server error

I recently updated to Concrete5 v5.4.1.1 and now the spell check in the "Edit Content" box does not work. (I don't really know if it worked before the upgrade.)

The error message is:

Error response: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head> <title>500 Internal Server Error</title> </head><body> <h1>Internal Server Error</h1> <p>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.</p> <p>Please contact the server administrator,

Can anyone tell me if this is a Concrete5 issue or a web host issue? OR any ideas how to fix it?

I have tried at least 6 different themes by at least 4 different creators and the error is the same, so it is not a theme issue.

The website is cauthors.com, the host is vexxhost.com.

Thank you

jerlo727

Brainakazariua replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
Brainakazariua
Like the message indicates it's a server error, no matter how many themes you'll try the message will reamin.

The error usually points towards the read-write-execute rights on files/folders or to the files/folders having a wrong user/group appointed to them.

In this case I suggest you check those or contact your hosting provider to check them for you.
jerlo727 replied on at Permalink Reply
jerlo727
I had added 4 domains to this account. Two were fresh installs, 2 were pre-existing then upgraded to 5.4.1.1.

The pre-exsiting ones had the spell check error, the other 2 did not.

I wiped and reloaded one of the pre-existing domains and it now works fine.

Not sure what it all means, but I will likely wipe and reload the last pre-existing domain sometime.

Thank you for your input.
jerlo727 replied on at Permalink Reply
jerlo727
I posted this info in the bug tracker also.

Please get this resolved. It is causing me problems. I am afraid to update.

Server error log:

[Mon Feb 07 06:38:59 2011] [error] [client 66.66.159.80] File does not exist: /home/limabapt/public_html/limachristian.org/alumni/updates/concrete5.4.1.1/concrete/js/tiny_mce/plugins/inlinepopups/skins/concreteMCE/img/corners.gif, referer:http://alumni.limachristian.org/index.php?cID=1&ctask=check-out...
[Mon Feb 07 06:38:59 2011] [error] [client 66.66.159.80] File does not exist: /home/limabapt/public_html/limachristian.org/alumni/updates/concrete5.4.1.1/concrete/js/tiny_mce/plugins/inlinepopups/skins/concreteMCE/img/horizontal.gif, referer:http://alumni.limachristian.org/index.php?cID=1&ctask=check-out...

Concrete5 spell check error message:

Error response: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head> <title>500 Internal Server Error</title> </head><body> <h1>Internal Server Error</h1> <p>The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.</p> <p>More information about this error may be available in the server error log.</p> <hr> <address>Web server at VEXXHOST <a href="http://vexxhost.com/">web hosting</a></address> </body></html>