Table names inconsistent across platforms1 user found helpful
The restore did not seem to work even after trying various things. So I checked MySQL only to find that the restore did work but the tables in the backup where all lower case while they were camel case when installed by c5 on Ubuntu.
I checked MySQL on XAMPP and found that all the table names are lower case. Meaning the backup did work in XAMPP but for some reason the case of the table names varied from one platform to the other.
Why is that? Is this a MySQL issue or a c5 issue?
I did find an add-on in MP to fix this problem but it is $30.
Now I just need to determine if what I have is worth saving.
you do it, or you can do it manually
On Mar 14, 2011 10:21 PM, "Concrete5 Community" <[email protected]>
Here's some links to the forum threads Mnkras mentioned:
The first link shows you how to fix the problem you have now (you may need to alter it to make sure you have all the tables because it might be from an older version of concrete5 that had less tables than the current version has).
The second link talks about how to avoid it in the future.
I'm also attaching the SQL queries you can run against concrete version 184.108.40.206 -- download the attachment, unzip it, and run it on your database in PhpMyAdmin.
NOTE that if you had any packages installed (either from the marketplace or your own that you put in manually), you'll need to update those yourself -- but this at least takes care of 115 of them for you automatically!
Best of luck.
In an other thread I commented that this is imo VERY unprofessional and should be corrected asap. An sql export and subsequent import no matter on what platform from the SAME cms should ALWAYS repeat ALWAYS work 100% smoothly !~ And here an export from xampp (windows) and import into linux fails with some obscure adodb errors enough to put any little savvy cms user off to run faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr away ! Bad thinking again Concrete5 herr Fritzl !
What would be nice is if the installation check would look for the my.ini setting regarding lowercase table names and warn you if it's not set properly.
I'm going to suggest this to Andrew...
But now it is an open source project. It's great to provide feedback, but if you feel really strongly about an issue with the software, it might be more productive to dig into the code, try to fix it, and submit the change back instead of just making judgements about people's thought processes.
(If that line already exists but the value is different, change the value to zero).
Now this won't fix any existing databases you have (you'll need to follow some of the links posted above to get queries that will change that for you), but going forward it will prevent problems.
You'll also need to do some additional queries for any addons you've installed (and that script is for 5.4.1, so there might be some slight differences for 5.4.2), but it will get you most of the way there.
I agree that it would be nice if a script were included (or better yet if the installation page would check for this variable somehow).
Attached is a fix script for 5.5.1 - hopefully someone can confirm whether it works on 5.5.2 in the near future.
This should be used on your live site and not your WAMP site.
Thanks and enjoy.
And by the way, that's MIT licensed, so it'll always be free.
(just the core tables, not any add-ons)
Run it on the target mysql server, not on your windows dev one. Use at your own risk, blah blah.
Hope it help someone because it was a HUGE pain for me.
Instead of manually creating a SQL script or changing the table names, I made a PHP script that get the original table names from the config files (db.xml) and the it creates the SQL script to change the table names.
Script is here:
Note that when running with phpMyAdmin, you should temporary enable: Settings -> SQL Queries -> Ignore multiple statement errors
And once done, check the table names, a few tables might not have been renamed.