Update and plugin installation - Can anybody help a newbie?
Also want to update, but im not sure how i do it after downloading update, as it doesent happen automatically.
I have no coding or programming knowledge.
Your best option is to manually upgrade to 184.108.40.206, you cannot upgrade to 220.127.116.11 via the dashboard.
As for the captcha.. take a look in the legacy addons for the 'Honeypot' captcha it works well for my 5.6.X.X sites..
As you have already posted that you have no coding or programming knowledge I would recommend that you get a developer to do the upgrade for you..
And how do you install addons (?) as this might be a quicker way to solve this maybe (?)
but its not showing on my live site for some reason, even after clear cache..
if you used concrete5 - 18.104.22.168 then first it update to version 22.214.171.124.
follow below steps :
1) Take project backup and database backup.
2) First download Concrete5 Repo. from "https://www.concrete5.org/developers/developer-downloads/". make sure a version which you download is less or equal to 8. (if you used concrete5 - 126.96.36.199 then first it update to version 188.8.131.52)
2) Remove concrete folder from your project.
3) Copy concrete folder from downloaded Repo.
4) Open concole in you project dir.
5) And run ./concrete/bin/concrete5 c5:update
There is no upgrade route from 5.6.x to any subsequent c5 core. The only route from 5.6.x to 184.108.40.206 or v8 is to develop a new site, which may be assisted by a content export and subsequent import. But that is not a built in upgrade.
Anyway, the only problem actually is the spam emails from the contact sheet, therefore i tried ti install captcha that was suppose to work with this version, but its not showing on the live site (see my post above) , do you know why?
Btw, do you by any chance know other captcha addons that would work with my site? This one seem to be compatible only on 5.7 and above:https://www.concrete5.org/marketplace/addons/recaptcha...
It should be safe for you to install the 'no links' package and plonk its block onto a new page, so you can see what it looks like. When done, delete that page and uninstall 'no links'.