Update download throws 500 Internal Server Error

We are currently on version 5.6.1.2 and need to update. I've run a backup of the database and downloaded a copy of the site and saved it on my computer. I am ready to download and perform the update.
I go to Update Concrete5 and it tells me that there is an update available - version 5.6.3.3. I click the Download button and it goes to a 500 Internal Server Error. It says, "We've happened upon a bit of a problem... 500 (Internal Server) Error ...that we are working feverishly to correct. Things will be up and running again soon. Thanks for your patience."
The URL is -http://www.nrdstaticcontrol.com/index.php/dashboard/system/backup_r...

I don't understand because I wouldn't expect it to pull the download from my site. It would have to look to Concrete5 for that so I am confused as to why this is the error that I am getting.

Either way, how do I update to the latest version of Concrete5?

Thanks,
Jessica

Jessicasdd replied on at Permalink Reply
Better yet... How do I update to 5.7.5.2? If there is no straight update from 5.6 to 5.7 then maybe it makes sense to make that jump now while I am trying to figure this out? Maybe? I don't know. Please help. :)
hutman replied on at Permalink Reply
hutman
Here are instructions for manually updating Concrete5 http://www.concrete5.org/documentation/how-tos/developers/manually-...

There is no direct update from 5.6 to 5.7 so if you are going to attempt that you will have to start from scratch and manually move your site's content.
Our site is currently on version 5.6.1.2.

If there is no upgrade to 5.7 does it make sense to step through each version or should I just go to 5.7?

I would have to go through: 5.6.2, 5.6.2.1, 5.6.3, 5.6.3.1, 5.6.3.2, 5.6.3.3, 5.7

After we get to 5.7 do we step through to 5.7.5.1, or do we just go straight to 5.7.5.1?

Thanks,
Jessica
hutman
There is no way to upgrade from 5.6.3.4 to 5.7.x you have to install a new site, with a new database and manually copy and paste your content from one site to the other. So basically you will be creating a new site and abandoning the old one if you are trying to get to 5.7
Ok so for instance we use FileZilla (FTP) to download a copy of the site and database for a backup. I would use these files to put the site back up.

How do i do this and do I have to step to 5.6.3.3 prior to going to 5.7?

Thanks,
Jessica
hutman
You can not use any of those files when going to 5.7
Ok... Um then how do I get the site back up if I can't use the files from it?
hutman
You can use all of the current files as is and use the upgrade script referenced earlier to update to 5.6.3.4, however you can not use any of the site's current files to upgrade to 5.7, that has to be a brand new install and database, the old will have to be abandoned completely.
Ok but how do I get past 5.6 and on to 5.7?
hutman
You have to setup a whole new install with 5.7 and start over.
Thank you for the information.

They were looking for a reason to rebuild the site and I was trying to find a way around them having to rebuild. With the information you have provided, the site needs to be rebuilt anyway so they can do whatever they want. I wanted them to keep it in Concrete5 because I can work with it but this issue with the site not being up-gradable kills that.

Thanks for all the help you provided. I truly appreciate it. :)

Thanks,
Jessica