5.7.3 Pages don't display once added as new locale Parent page in Multilingual Setup1 user found helpful
System settings > Multilingual > Multilingual Setup
I add home_sk with the appropriate settings as a content section. So far so good. I do the same for home_en, again, language, country etc. Once I do that and try to visit the home_en site I get a blank page. No errors or anything, just the white empty screen inside the browser window. Not even the c5 top bar, nothing. This happens only after I setup the home_en as the mutation counterpart of home_sk.
I am able to browse whatever is under home_sk. All home_en subpages behave the way home_en does.
Are there maybe folders I need to chmod777 for the multilingual stuff to work? Or is the dog buried somewhere else?
Could you try to show errors?
In System and settings > Environment > Debug Settings
Enable "Output error information to site users" and "Show the debug error output"
Zend \ I18n \ Exception \ ExtensionNotLoadedException
Zend\I18n\Translator component requires the intl PHP extension
So the problem seems to be with the zend localization tool and the failing getLocale function. I'm gonna read and troubleshoot, but as I'm not a php programmer, any advice is appreciated. :)
Maybe it's a problem that I've just fixed (will be included in the next concrete5 version if accepted by the core team).
Zend\I18n\Exception\ExtensionNotLoadedException thrown with message "Zend\I18n\Translator component requires the intl PHP extension"
#18 Zend\I18n\Exception\ExtensionNotLoadedException in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/vendor/zendframework/zend-i18n/Zend/I18n/Translator/Translator.php:257
#17 Zend\I18n\Translator\Translator:getLocale in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/src/Localization/Localization.php:85
#16 Concrete\Core\Localization\Localization:getLocale in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/src/Localization/Localization.php:41
#15 Concrete\Core\Localization\Localization:activeLocale in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/src/Localization/Localization.php:49
#14 Concrete\Core\Localization\Localization:activeLanguage in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/themes/elemental/elements/header_top.php:3
#13 include in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/src/View/View.php:56
#12 Concrete\Core\View\View:inc in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/themes/elemental/elements/header.php:2
#11 include in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/src/View/View.php:56
#10 Concrete\Core\View\View:inc in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/themes/elemental/default.php:3
#9 include in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/src/View/View.php:56
#8 Concrete\Core\View\View:inc in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/themes/elemental/full.php:3
#7 include in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/src/View/View.php:153
#6 Concrete\Core\View\View:renderViewContents in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/src/View/AbstractView.php:123
#5 Concrete\Core\View\AbstractView:render in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/src/Routing/DispatcherRouteCallback.php:22
#4 Concrete\Core\Routing\DispatcherRouteCallback:sendResponse in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/src/Routing/DispatcherRouteCallback.php:193
#3 Concrete\Core\Routing\DispatcherRouteCallback:execute in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/src/Application/Application.php:343
#2 Concrete\Core\Application\Application:dispatch in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/bootstrap/start.php:256
#1 require in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/concrete/dispatcher.php:36
#0 require in /data/h/a/harmony-mama.sk/web/concrete5.7.3/index.php:2
thx for your help. best, m.
For the core team: this issue is strictly related tohttps://github.com/concrete5/concrete5-5.7.0/issues/1706... since the Zend Translator is initialized in Localization::addSiteInterfaceLanguage instead of Localization::setLocale.