Error 500 after upgrading php from 7.1 to 7.4

Hello! I run a site for our parish council. It's based on C5 version 7.5.11 and until earlier this week was running happily on php version 7.1.
My hosting company (Dreamhost) suggested an upgrade to php 7.4, which I took without checking compatibility. My mistake, not to be repeated: the site then returned an error 500.
Following advice from DH support I restored the site files and database taken from a date before the upgrade, pulling them from DH's own backup service. Again on advice, I edited the site's .htaccess file so C5 should revert to php 7.1.
Sadly, that made no difference. I do have an off-site backup made earlier this year, well before the php change.
If possible, I would much appreciate any guidance on what I might try next, not least because the site is a significant community asset in the current pandemic! An error log is attached.
Thanks very much :-)

1 Attachment

hutman replied on at Permalink Reply
hutman
That error looks like the site is still trying to run with PHP 7.4, I would contact your host and ask them to change the version back.

None of the concrete5 versions so far are PHP 7.4 compatible.
ConcreteOwl replied on at Permalink Reply
ConcreteOwl
Except Concrete5.6.4.0
https://deepsea.co.uk/phpinfo.php...
JohntheFish replied on at Permalink Reply
JohntheFish
It kind of cool that legacy sites running 5.6.4 work with php versions the latest v8 croaks on.
standingtree replied on at Permalink Reply
Thanks, both. And apologies for the delayed reply. I've actually given up trying to get the site to run; even after the hosting company reverted php to 7.1.33 the output was still scrambled.

So sadly I've abandoned C5 and rebuilt everything in WordPress. Hey ho. I would have upgraded C5 to version 8 a long time ago had there been a simple way to do it with very little chance of big problems, but there didn't seem to be. On top of that the theme developer had stopped updating his code.

Good while it all lasted, anyway!