SHTML Wrapper - 500 Server Error - Blank Site

Site hosted by BlueHost. Have been building out this site for days. Made one minor change (design - page type). Now every page of the site (including login, dashboard, etc) returns a blank page with one line of source code: <!-- SHTML Wrapper - 500 Server Error -->

FancyURLs and Cache is turned off. Can't see how one minor change of a page type would hose the entire site - but if so, can anyone explain if I can backup the DB (using php myadmin) and reinstall the entire site? Or if this is simply a bluehost issue?

ssnetinc

Steevb replied on at Permalink Reply
Steevb
What did u change?

Do u have an URL to look at?
Gondwana replied on at Permalink Reply
Gondwana
I doubt that saving and restoring the database would help, because the page type assignment has already been stored in the database. Whatever you do, don't delete/over-write your previous backup copy!
ssnetinc replied on at Permalink Reply
ssnetinc
Hi Guys, Thanks for posting.
Spent an hour on the phone with Bluehost to no avail. I finally just reinstalled 5.6 in a new folder then went into the /config/site.php and pointed the database to the existing one.

It came right up except I had to go back and install all the add-on packages to prevent errors.

Hell if I know what happened. All I did was change the page type from right sidebar to full - and bang, it broke big time. Still think it was something on bluehost because it certainly isn't the database since it came right up under the new install.
ssnetinc replied on at Permalink Reply
ssnetinc
Actually, the other thing I did at the same time was turn on FancyURLs, saved, then turned it off again. Guess that could have messed something up - although even if I manually typed the url to index.php/login - it still was the shtml error.

Oh well, backed up the db on the new install as well as zipped up a copy of the entire new directory on the server in case I have to reinstall again.