ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysqlt error: [2006: MySQL server has gone away

I'm using 4.6.3.3 with php 5.4 single, cache settings are -
block cache - off, overrides cache - off, full page caching - off,
expire pages from cache settings - every 6 hours.

I just received this error message -

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ADODB_Exception' with message 'mysqlt error: [2006: MySQL server has gone away] in EXECUTE("SELECT TABLE_NAME, CASE WHEN TABLE_TYPE = 'VIEW' THEN 'V' ELSE 'T' END FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES WHERE TABLE_SCHEMA=SCHEMA()") ' in /home2/ricklov1/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php:78 Stack trace: #0 /home2/ricklov1/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb.inc.php(1074): adodb_throw('mysqlt', 'EXECUTE', 2006, 'MySQL server ha...', 'SELECT TABLE_NA...', false, Object(ADODB_mysqlt)) #1 /home2/ricklov1/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb.inc.php(1049): ADOConnection->_Execute('SELECT TABLE_NA...', false) #2 /home2/ricklov1/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb.inc.php(2334): ADOConnection->Execute('SELECT TABLE_NA...') #3 /home2/ricklov1/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php(150): ADOConnection->MetaTables(false, false) #4 /home2/ricklov1/public_html/concrete/startup/exceptions.php(7) in /home2/ricklov1/public_html/concrete/libraries/3rdparty/adodb/adodb-exceptions.inc.php on line 78

I cleared my cache and it fixed the problem.
Is there anything else I can do to prevent this from happening again?
Any help would be appreciated, I just have a basic understanding of all of this.

Thank you,
Rick

exchangecore replied on at Permalink Reply
exchangecore
I would contact your web hosting provider. MySQL Error 2006:The most common reason for the MySQL server has gone away error is that the server timed out and closed the connection. In this case, you normally get one of the following error codes (which one you get is operating system-dependent).

Perhttp://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/gone-away.html...
Ricksasha replied on at Permalink Reply
Thank you for your response, I appreciate it. I did contact bluehost when it happened, and they said, from reading the error response that I posted above, that it was a 3rd party,
concrete5 issue.
exchangecore replied on at Permalink Reply
exchangecore
Is this something that you can make happen repeatedly? If not it's possible that you might have just been on an overloaded server and the issue cleared itself up for now when mysql got less busy. I think you should explicitly highlight with bluehost the "2006: MySQL server has gone away" error message if the error message is happening intermittently. If it does happen repeatedly double check your database configuration to make sure it's pointing to the correct database server / correct database username / password in your concrete5 configuration files.
Ricksasha replied on at Permalink Reply
I agree with you, I think it was more of a server issue than on my end.
This was the first time it has happened, BUT bluehost switched me
over to new servers 2 days before this happened. While I was on
hold with them the first time to discuss this, I cleared my cache
right as the guy answered, and it the problem was solved right then.
Not sure if it was a coincidence or not, but if it happens again, I will
be sure to call Bluehost.