Content Block 'Custom Template'... How-to?

Hi, I need to create a 'Custom Template' that will change the background color and styles of the content within it. Essentially what i'd do is wrap a div round the content called .coloured_box and then assign styles with the CSS that say give this this colour, padding, change the font colour etc...

But i can't find a simple tutorial to tell me how to do it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BHWW

Remo replied on at Permalink Reply
Remo
Creating custom templates is mostly the same for every block..

you can read this tutorial:http://www.codeblog.ch/2009/03/concrete5-templates/... and you'll probably be able to create a content block template too!

You basically start by making a copy of view.php (concrete/block/<your-block>/view.php) here /blocks/<your-block>/templates/<template-name>.php)

It's a bit ugly with the content block since it doesn't follow mvc as much as it could but it still works..
BHWW replied on at Permalink Reply
BHWW
Hi Thanks for that, I had seen that but am a bit perplexed when it gets to editing the view.php as I have a very limited knowledge of PHP, was hoping for a simpler solution. Thanks again.
elyon replied on at Permalink Best Answer Reply
elyon
You can also click the block and select "Design" off the list to apply a style without using a custom template.

In the past, I would have always done a custom template instead of using Design, since it was easier to apply pre-made styles that way, but in Concrete 5.4 they introduced saved styles, which might make it just as easy (or easier) to set a CSS class using the Design window, then save it and reuse it elsewhere.
BHWW replied on at Permalink Reply
BHWW
Ace, ta.. when I get concrete working again i'll be trying this nice and simple solution. Thanks again, just what I was looking for.